Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grand Lido vs Grand Pineapple?

User Info Menu

Re: Grand Lido vs Grand Pineapple?

We took our kids and friends to the GP in March of this year. (Our kids and their friends are all in their 20's) My wife and I have been to Negril many times, but it was their first time. I picked GP for the location. Right in the middle of Long Beach. GP was a nice resort, but the place folded early. The bar even closed at Midnight. No worries! We bought our own bottle of rum and the party continued! All in all a nice resort, but there is NO nightlife after about 9:00. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

Greg
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

The bar does close at midnight..But like you said..the party can continue at other locations too..Alfred's on live music night..or..you can just sit at the edge of the GP and listen to the music and not have to pay the cover charge..heh heh..the guard told us to do that..BB parties later or if you want to go to a club you could go to the Jungle..I guess it depends on what your looking for. We really enjoyed it.
    [/url]

Sometimes it's better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.

User Info Menu

You can clearly hear the music from Alfreds as you sit on the GP beach. You can also walk to Bourbon Beach or Roots Bamboo.

User Info Menu

we've stayed at Breezes twice. First time was in October. We found the 7 mile deserted in Oct, compared to Feb. During primetime, we love the 7 mile, and have stayed at a bunch of places. I agree its wonderful to see so many people, bars and restaurants bustling. Perfect. But we find that during low season, we prefer an all inclusive. There's something to be said for having everything right there. Five a la carte restaurants, buffet for breakfast and lunch. Unlimited drinks of your choice, and beautiful surroundings. We arent much for nightlife, we're early risers. I love to kayak in the morning...
    Now that Sunwing is bringing Breezes back to Grand Lido, I want to see what changes they've made. I pulled the trigger today, to go next Friday. Price was right, $2090 for two people, flights in. Cant wait.

User Info Menu

To follow up on what Jody said...we are going sept 28-oct 3 and are thinking of splitting our stay b/w catcha & GP, is 7mile deserted suring this time? Please say no. Is Alfred's, Burbon Beach and others open? If not, maybe we'll just stay at Catcha the entire (what a sacrifice, huh?). Thanks in advance