Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Twas the night before Negril ... What do YOU do?

User Info Menu

"Twas the night before Negril ... What do YOU do?

Leaving tomorrow, and can't sleep! So wired! I have cleaned for the house/cat sitter; I have packed and repacked. I cannot sleep! My daughter is a bazillion kilometres away and flooded out and evacuated in Calgary (she's Safe & fine .... Bless the Cell Phone Gods!). I wonder why sleep alludes me?

what do other Boardies do the night before The Day!

User Info Menu

Re: "Twas the night before Negril ... What do YOU do?

practice the Red Stripes!!

User Info Menu

Make sure you set that alarm clock - cause when you do pass out you may not wake up in time! I always worry that this will be the one morning I sleep through the alarm - or I've forgotten to set the alarm.
    Safe travels and looking forward to the Reggie Party when you get back.

User Info Menu

a nice big sub helps me sleep.
    Irie always: i will set multiple alarms because i always have the same fear AND i'll check them compulsively to make sure they are set for AM not PM.

User Info Menu

I usually do all my packing in the wee hours before it's time to leave for the airport since I'm too excited to sleep anyway. Even after 14 years and 18 trips. To paraphrase the Beastie Boys. No, Sleep, Till Negril!
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

I have to leave my house at 3 AM so there is really no "night before". I plan to sleep 8 hours from 4 Pm to midnight, the day before, but NEVER do. I wind up 'resting' in bed form 9 pM to 11Pm , then get up and leisurely get ready for 3 am departure from my house. There is no sleep involved, in the end.

User Info Menu

I think I'm on the same flight as 7mile only further from the airport. I have to leave at 1:30 so no sleeping.

User Info Menu

M&G Montreal, I'm in Calgary too if you'd like me to keep in touch with your daughter ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

We always head to Chicago the night before and stay in a Park and Fly hotel. Those of you who have to do it every day wouldn't think so, but we like to ride the L downtown and poke around a bit and we usually get back to the O'Hare area in time to hit The Great Escape for dinner. After a good meal and a few cocktails in the room, getting to sleep isn't much of a problem and we don't have to get up nearly as early to make it to the airport. We found an alternative to ParkSleepFly last year called BuyReservations.com, check them out.
    2013-Catcha/Idle Awhile 2012-Catcha/Idle Awhile 2011-Catcha/Tree House 2010-SeaSplash 2009-SATP 2008-SATP

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Lucky!!! I never get much sleep the night before either!!