Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: "No see ums"

User Info Menu

"No see ums"

My wife and I will be on the beach in less than a week, and the bugs love me (they don't bother the wife) We are traveling with carry on luggage only, so I limited as to what I can bring (liquids) Any suggestions on what's available (bug spray, etc.) in Negril would be appreciated

User Info Menu

Re: "No see ums"

I know there are bug sprays available in the stores... not sure on the brand names (I seem to remember a orange bottle). You might also consider packing the towellette version. I know there are brands in the US that have bug spray towellettes that you wipe on... those you could pack in you carry-on. I have seen them at drug stores and Target.

User Info Menu

Bens 100: Insect Repellent Spray Pump...worked like a champ in Belize...can't wait to try it out in Negril! Bought on Amazon.

User Info Menu

Yes, buy it when you are there, their versions are better for what's going to bite you anyways! $7 or something is not bad for a bottle and douse yourself for the week!

User Info Menu

Thanks everybody.............I'll probably try them all!

User Info Menu

Vape works wonders. I have gotten this at Hi-Lo in the past.

User Info Menu

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009EXM3E

This is what I was talking about.

User Info Menu

Bunny's insect repellant (spray pump bottle) can be purchased in Negril. Just used the last of my bottle from last summer's trip (finished it up here in Negril the other day). Works great. Small bottle costs ~$4-5US at the Negril Pharmacy.