Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bizarre Foods: Jamaica

User Info Menu

Bizarre Foods: Jamaica

Wanted to let you all know that there is a new episode of Andrew Zimmern's Bizarre Foods that takes place in Jamaica. I believe it airs at 9pm (eastern) on Tuesday 7/19.

Enjoy!

User Info Menu

What channel is that..the travel channel?

User Info Menu

I predict he will partake of Mannish Water!

Respect,

User Info Menu

Cow cod soup & cow foot stew!!!....mannish wata is goat head plus nuff other parts like balls & intestines....ENJOY!!

User Info Menu

How bout chicken foot soup? Can't wait to see!

User Info Menu

Yup, it is on the Travel Channel.

User Info Menu

Turtle Head Cocktail...made with brains and booze........
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Show...ci.Jamaica.map

Jamaica
    RESTAURANTS
    Snotchies
    Andrew and 2 reggae musicians take him to a place where he learns how to make real Jamaican jerk. Pit master Max Miller shows Andrew how to prepare pork with jerk seasoning.
    Drax Hall, Ocho Rios, Jamaica

Angela's Shack
    After eating at Cherry’s, Andrew moves down the row and eats at Angela’s Shack for two more Jamaica favorites -- mannish water and goat curry.
    Route A1, South of Ocho Rios, Jamaica

Cherry's One Stop
    Andrew follows route A1 to an area known as “Faith’s Pen,” where he tries some of Jamaica’s most interesting foods. The area is lined with rows of shacks selling snacks.
    Route A1, South of Ocho Rios, Jamaica

ACTIVITIES
    Hunting Lionfish
    Andrew and local fishermen hunt for lionfish, who have poisonous barbs that can sting. Andrew gets a lesson from a marine biologist and eats the fish for the first time.
    Discovery Bay, St. Ann, Jamaica

Bog Walk Gorge
    Further along Route A1, Andrew stops here where the street is lined with fruit vendors. He tries a Jamaican apple, star apple and a custard apple.
    St. Catherine, Jamaica

Aunt Merle's Fish Shack
    Jacqui and Andrew go to Hellshire Beach where fishermen come ashore to sell their catch. There are little stalls called fish shacks where Andrew tastes some fresh seafood.
    Half Moon Bay, Hellshire Beach, Kingston, Jamaica

Rastafarian Cuisine
    Andrew walks through the jungle to meet Wolde "The Yatti Man" Selasie, who gives him his first taste of all-natural Rastafarian cuisine.
    Ocho Rios, Jamaica

National Heroes Park
    Andrew’s friend Jacqui takes him to this park where families serve their own versions of Caribbean staples at makeshift food stands.
    Kingston, Jamaica

Chinese Jamaican Fusion
    Andrew is invited for a meal at the home of the Chins, a Chinese Jamaican family that combines traditional Chinese cooking with Jamaica seasoning and ingredients.
    Kingston, Jamaica

ACCOMMODATIONS
    Jamaica Inn
    Where the crew and Andrew stayed.
    Main Street, Ocho Rios, St. Ann, Jamaica

Spanish Court Hotel
    Where Andrew and the Bizarre Foods crew stayed.
    1 St. Lucia Avenue, Kingston 5, Jamaica

Round Hill Resort
    Where Andrew and the Bizarre Foods crew stayed.
    John Pringle Drive, Montego Bay, Jamaica
    Last edited by NegrilIrene; 07-17-2011 at 01:30 PM.

User Info Menu

Channel 215 Dish............too bad he didnt see fit to try Negril....Oh Well....at least the World knows Jamaica exist.........
    in 70's and 80' couldn't find out much about it.........
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

all dem food mentioned above very well seasoned and tasty.. even if it is prepared in the bush ...
    I think he will have more of a good time than freaking out homself eating ""nasty stuff""