Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Charlotte flights for February

User Info Menu

Charlotte flights for February

Has anyone else noticed how much the fares have increased for u.s. air. Don,t think I've ever pd more than 650 or so. Now all are over 800.?.

User Info Menu

Re: Charlotte flights for February

No kidding!!! US Air is the only option in my small town, but the connections are generally good. The prices are really up from our last visit Dec 2012, to the tune of over 200pp. Glad we booked this Dec visit in March, for they are even higher now. Looks like the days of 300 or so per person are long gone!

Another reason to just stay longer!!!
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

ORD to CLT to MBJ was not bad at all.

Early flight from Chi town to Charlotte to Montego Bay was the best deal I could find for a few years.

Ever since Air Jamaica stopped flying out of Chicago, that has been my route.

But, 700-800? OUCH!!

I found a good deal with Air Tran from Midway Airport in Chicago for october.

Non-stop too.

User Info Menu

I wonder if this is related to the US Air - American Airlines merger?
    Johio

User Info Menu

Yetta what did you pay for the trip. I am considering waiting it out?
    Thanks

User Info Menu

We booked 3 months ago for this November trip and paid 550.00pp out of CLT,paid 650.00pp last year so we felt good about it.We always start watching air prices as soon as we decide what Hotel or resort we are staying at and that is usually by January.You might get better prices than we did when you watch around,we are always going at Thanksgiving and I think they try to get more during the holidays!
    Last edited by billndonna; 06-25-2013 at 05:25 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by original spanky View Post
    Yetta what did you pay for the trip. I am considering waiting it out?
    Thanks
    We paid almost 800 pp including taxes. Last year, we paid about 600pp (same time of the year, I might add, through Christmas and New Years) We fly out of WV, small plane, then to Charlotte, NC....on into Jamaica. Another reason the summer trip is no longer and we just stay 3week or so instead. The flights are really killing us right now. So for now, one trip a year is it. Use to be, we would stay about 2 weeks in the winter and make a quick 7-10 day trip in the summer. However, looks like those days are over for now.

I think around the holidays, waiting might be risky...but, before or after, the chances are better. Good luck!
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Yep,I'm with you Marko,we booked end jan -to feb 9th out of midway on AirTran ,paid 1300 for 3 people w/travel ins ,I'm digging this air tran thing!

Sponsor

User Info Menu

They have increased....alot!! Way more than usual

I always fly with US Airways, Jetblue and Airtrans look alot better now.