Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Seems like every hotel in Negril is for sale

User Info Menu

Question Seems like every hotel in Negril is for sale

I frequently surf the real estate websites serving Westmoreland for a few reasons. looking to see what my property could fetch and to see what else is for sale.
    In the past few weeks I have seen at least 25 properties (hotels) on the beach and west end up for sale! Seems like hotels owners are all trying to sell their places.

I understand that the competition to fill rooms is quite feirce,but most of the Hotels I am seeing for sale are Negril landmarks well established and I am sure are thriving.

I do not want to list the properties I have seen But I am amazed at what is actually for sale.

anyone have any theories on why everyone wants to sell?

I do have a few... but I want to hear what all you boardies think....

User Info Menu

Re: Seems like every hotel in Negril is for sale

like all over the world...times are tough, owners are getting older looking to taking life easy, I would think owning a "major" landmark in Negril would NOT be a picnic......the big places can lower the prices to scrape what is out there, and then people are tired of the frettin trying to fill rooms..........so sell and go take it easy...........one of my reasons to do it...??
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

Many of the hotels you're seeing have been listed for sale for quite some time...a handful are serious, others are listed to see what they can get/what someone is willing to pay.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    Many of the hotels you're seeing have been listed for sale for quite some time...a handful are serious, others are listed to see what they can get/what someone is willing to pay.
    Yes I agree. but So Many have all joined in....Is there something we dont know? Just a thought maybe I am over analizing this LOL

Administrator

User Info Menu

I also know several who listed their place simply to help the agent reach their quota as a friendly gesture..
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by biggbxguy View Post
    Yes I agree. but So Many have all joined in....Is there something we dont know? Just a thought maybe I am over analizing this LOL
    Ya...I was in real estate for 25 years (so I'm hyper aware)...nothing going on that's unusual...you're just over analyzing slightly...

User Info Menu

Some are fishing for offers. If you owned a successful property and could cash in 3, 4, 5 million dollars or more......you might be tempted too.