Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: #13 vs #23...

User Info Menu

Re: #13 vs #23...

thx just checking it out now and put in an inquiry. Might save us some loooot!

User Info Menu

We've also booked CCLP through Negril One Stop. They've never done us wrong.

User Info Menu

We always book through One Stop, great people, always find the best. We booked Xtabi through them and we love it, just in case you decide the cliffs are the way to go. No sand in the sheets. Murph, We met you last year at the castle, wish we could join you again this Nov. Think it will be the spring.
    [/image.php?code=0XT1330613XXX14th reach. soon come[/img][/url]

User Info Menu

Charela Inn - lol
    get a Jacuzzi room

User Info Menu

For sure Coco La Palm, stayed there several times and have never had kids there when we stayed there.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by murph View Post

Me n wifey are hardcore foodies... are there good cheap eats around CoCo or even good not-so cheap eats?

Big thanks for all the help
    Re-read your post and picked up on the foodie part again. As already mentioned, for sure you'll need to check out Wild Parrot for lunch. They have great breakfasts as well, but realize you may stick to your hotel where it's included. Another little beach restaurant with nice seating can be found at Country Country, right beside Treehouse. Again awesome breakfasts, lunch and dinners. The dinner menu changes daily and offers a handful of fresh choices, very good although not the place for dessert (Charela has great desserts). They have nice quiet ambience anytime, set with candles at dinner. Kuyaba has good food and ambience with view as well. Larger menu. Not walking distance but they offer free pickup and return to your hotel. Just call or have your hotel reception call for you.

You can book airport transfers through Negrilonestop, great driver, average prices (some drivers, Kingsley, Ashton, are cheaper). Can't go wrong with Negrilonestop for booking your hotel. They give repeat customers a 5% discount as well, and also book stays in other Jamaican locations.

User Info Menu

I respectfully disagree with Melody on one point. Kuyaba is indeed within walking distance from CoCo. A 15 to 20 minute stroll will bring you there no problem. But yes they will pick you up and drop you off if you so desire. And if you are true foodies you won't want to miss Canoe, Sunset After Dark, Teddy's Hideaway at The Blue Cave Castle, Ivan's at Catcha Falling Star or Just Natural. All are just a taxi ride away and all are excellent! Sunset is only open during high season.
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ras Walleye View Post
    I respectfully disagree with Melody on one point. Kuyaba is indeed within walking distance from CoCo. A 15 to 20 minute stroll will bring you there no problem. But yes they will pick you up and drop you off if you so desire. And if you are true foodies you won't want to miss Canoe, Sunset After Dark, Teddy's Hideaway at The Blue Cave Castle, Ivan's at Catcha Falling Star or Just Natural. All are just a taxi ride away and all are excellent! Sunset is only open during high season.
    Of course you can walk to Kuyaba... A little further from TH, if staying there. I just found it a bit far to walk to for dinner after showering. Like to get there in time for sunset which means the sand fleas are out in earnest along the beach the way there, and too far to walk after dark for my comfort (safety) level. I'm sure many do it, I just err on the cautious side regarding walking the beach after dark, particularly as a single woman, my 1st trip with my teen, and last trip solo. As a couple or with a group you may not feel the need to be as cautious.

User Info Menu

So we ended up pulling the trigger!!! Thanks to everyone who tossed their 2 cents in- much appreciated.

Looks like we will be doing CoCo LaPalm for 4 nights, followed by 3 nights at the Kudehya Guesthouse in TB http://kudehya.com

next time canadageorge!

User Info Menu

Hey Murph, You will have an awesome time anywhere you go. We stayed at CCLP for 3 nights last Nov and it was great, athough I must say we are cliff dwellers at heart. Everyone was great there and there is no better place to beach watch. Our first trip to TB we were at Cacona villa which is almost right beside the one you are going to. LOVE Treasure Beach. It is a great place for a scooter because there really isn't much traffic and Treasure Beach covers an area about 15 -20 km long. It is easy to zip from Great Bay to Fort Charles Beach. Enjoy!!
    [/image.php?code=0XT1330613XXX14th reach. soon come[/img][/url]