Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: #13 vs #23...

User Info Menu

Re: #13 vs #23...

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  42.6 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by murph View Post
    Heres the dilly:

Were spending 4 nights on the beach this November before we head to Treasure Beach. Im trying to decide between two places that we've never been to and both currently are running a special...

tripadvisor's #13 Treehouse vs. #23 CoCo LaPalm

Treehouse $380 for 4 nights, with transfers and daily breakfast (Standard gardenview suite)
    ~so figure breakfast's value around $80 with transfer's value at $100; $180 total

CoCo $299 for 4 nights, with continental breakfast (although wifey wants the superior room upgrade, so lets call it $389 for 4 nights)
    ~cant really put a value on a continental breakfast (unless someone can elaborate more)

Pros: Everone has great things to say about both places
    Cons: We stayed at Seapslash last reach so I would prefer to check out a diff. area on the beach than the Treehouse/Seasplash area

Any insight would be appreciated, as one of the deals runs out in three days.

big thanks
    murph
    Treehouse Beach

User Info Menu

its beautiful gail.. I cant tll where the sky stops and the ocean starts! hahaha

User Info Menu

OK just testing everyone if they can identify which way the photo should be lol

User Info Menu

Stayed at Coco in June only because it was cheaper (Negril onestop) than Treehouse. Coco pros: Beach is wider.property a little less tired. Treehouse pros: Breakfast is awesome. Wifi is much better. Both have and are near great restaurants. Coco-Best in the West, Treehouse-Ossies. New deal on Groupon for Treehouse tips the scale back to Treehouse. And then you have paddle board instruction and Yoga at Treehouse with beautiful and talented Gail Jackson to make it a no brainer. I understand people's attraction to Coco though. Just have a personal feeling for Treehouse. Feel free to upgrade Gail.

User Info Menu

I just want to say that Tripadvisor can't be taken at face value. Treehouse is ranked higher only because of the personal efforts of Gail and her staff to host and deals offered on line. Both properties have great staff and can be equally recommended. You can't go wrong at either!

User Info Menu

Gail, is that a recent pic of your beach? If so, the water line has improved a lot since 2 months ago!

User Info Menu

I'd go with Coco, if you decide you want to order a full breakfast off the menu, they give you a $5 credit on your bill. Had some great breakfasts, but only took 1 picture - this was the Jamaican Jamboree - scrambled eggs with coconut milk and ham, topped with coconut - soooo good

Name:  IMG_2074 (Copy).jpg
Views: 476
Size:  93.5 KB

I'd personally choose Coco over Treehouse, we stayed at Coco last reach and loved it. The beach is fabulous, lots of good eats within a very short walk and the staff were great. Some pictures - sorry - I can't help myself

Name:  IMG_0017 (Copy).jpg
Views: 471
Size:  88.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_0049 (Copy).jpg
Views: 458
Size:  75.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_0058 (Copy).jpg
Views: 428
Size:  85.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_0093 (Copy).jpg
Views: 390
Size:  89.0 KB

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Just remember that the taxes are "included" at CoCo though One Stop and they also give you a nice discount card that really works.

User Info Menu

thx guys.. Im a little confused about the negrilonestop... what you just call them and let them know your hotel plans and they get you a sweet deal? I wouldnt mind booking transfers along with hotel if its cheaper... discount card? whats that about?... intrigued...

User Info Menu

Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4