Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Live daytime beach music - we need your ideas

User Info Menu

Cool

Sounds like a great idea!

User Info Menu

Great idea, Rob! I prefer classic reggae and mento, and think that would appeal to the majority as well. A bar would help add to the profit picture. The vendors will find the venue...no worries there!
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon

User Info Menu

Love idea, but i don't know that I am thrilled of location....not for any one reason or another, but I understand it is centrally located for cliff peps and sand peps. I know you are looking for ideas and I agree with others that alcohol and food vendors is a plus. Hypothetically, if music started at 2pm-6pm...I would $20-$40/per depending on the talent, we'd pay the same rates for beer as served at night time venues, and i'd pay the every day cost for food the vendors charge. I think its a great idea.

User Info Menu

I think that this is a good opportunity for people to donate to one of the various orgs. that need some fund raising. For example, there might be a school in need of a microscope...well a small space for the Negril Microscope fund, or selling t shirts to help fund the Negril Coral Reef Preservation Society. Maybe a portion of a small donation at the gate may be used to help the org. designated for that day. Imagine***A Portion of Todays' Sales Will Be Used To Protect Our Coral Reef...
    Secondly...do it in the shade!

User Info Menu

great idea!!

User Info Menu

Don't limit yourself in terms of music. 5 hours a week is a lot to fill.. trust me. I'd do bands and beach talent and DJ's. Make sure they're not playing offense stuff or uptempo stuff and you'll be golden. And you've got to have some sort of bar.

The tourists are ready to jam by 2:00.. most are in bed early. I've seen AI bars that were completely dead by 9pm so this really is a great idea. I'd be honored to DJ some old school roots for you for free. Let me know. ;0)

Administrator

User Info Menu

Still looking for feedback for the new Thursday event - let us know your ideas!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Could the One Love Shuttle do it's run to get people there and back?
    [url=http://www.ticker.7910.org/eng]

The 1st time you travel to Negril, for the rest of your life, Negril travels with you.
    (taken from realnegril.com/beingees - Graffiti #13)