Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Accompong Town.... Going Home.

User Info Menu

Re: Accompong Town.... Going Home.

hey bill, have a great time . . . hoping to catch up with you.

User Info Menu

enjoy life mi friend.........Accompong is a very special place.........
    in regards to the internet in Accompong town........
    research on getting a unlocked cellie with a wifi hot spot so you can use your laptop......
    or just get an unlocked cellie that has wifi so you can browse the internet.......
    think mi was paying around $2,500J's for a month on the data plan at Lime......
    you can also just pay $100J's for one day of data too.......
    just go to the Lime Jamaica website to check it out.......Digicel has it too.....
    mi would go with the carrier that has the best signal der....price is no good if you can't get on
    LG Optimus series like the P505 for AT&T.....and the P509 for Tmobile(basically same phone) have wifi hotspots
    just remember to buy one that is unlocked.......
    Ebay is a good source for those phones.....you should be able to pick one up cheap enuff
    plus with a wifi hot spot you can have many people connecting at one time from Accompong......
    PM if you need any help......and again enjoy yourself.......

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Last edited by Marko; 08-21-2013 at 08:51 AM.
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Accompong View Post
    What a picture!

Happy homecoming!

God Bless Jamaica!!!

L.C.

User Info Menu

Safe travels, Bill. Please enjoy yourself and remember to post when you can. We appreciate it here.

User Info Menu

Safe journeys....I only got as far as maroontown last reach...hoping roads and car will be better to go visit accompong next reach....
    " Ones destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things." (Henry Miller)

User Info Menu

Safe travels home! Do you know the date of the Accompong Festival for 2014?

Blessings!
    St. Anthony's Kitchen

User Info Menu

Just to completely understand the soccer ball donation, how can we arrange to have them picked up?
    Cheers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by St. Anthony's Kitchen View Post
    Safe travels home! Do you know the date of the Accompong Festival for 2014?

Blessings!
    St. Anthony's Kitchen
    Well, I finally walked the one mile to the Computer Center and the computers were down but I am finally able to get online for a bit.

The Festival is always on January 6th however, when it falls on a Monday or a Friday, the whole thing turns into a 3-day Celebration like it will this year.

Anyone who will be coming up for the Festival can message me and I can help finding a place to stay or at least put your bags safely while you enjoy the party.

Here is a brief update. Pictures will be coming soon but (as this is my home), I find it hard to take pictures but I will certainly try my best. Now, for a brief update.

Beginnings……
    Everything began effortlessly as the plane was on time on through baggage claim, customs and finally out the door to see Marshall patiently waiting for me. The hardest thing about a transition from So. Florida to Jamaica is always the letting go of control and placing trust in my long time friends to get things done for me. In Florida I am the “director” and here I have learned to be a mere “stagehand”.

First order of business was the Cambio and then to the Customs Broker to pay the duties for the pallet I sent last week and then on to the Customs Warehouse to inspect its contents and pay any additional value duties. Soon after Marshall went into the Customs Broker’s office he emerged shaking his head that it had yet to arrive. Bummer. I had paid a little extra to have a pickup truck take us back home and now I would have to wait for a few days before coming back down to MoBay and do it all over again. I knew I was in full “Jamaica Mode” when I just shrugged my shoulders and accepted that things don’t always work out the way I planned as, after all, this is Jamaica and “tings run diffen ere”.

Heading back to Accompong Town we discussed how a tropical wave was supposed to drop a lot of rain and the mountains were already black with low hanging clouds. We decided not to go back up a shorter route as the road was very bad and quite steep making traveling up in the rain dangerous. We decided instead to go up towards Anchovy-Chesterfield-New Market and catch the main road at Middle Quarters. I had not been on this road for over 10 years so I loved the new scenery when I could see it through the blinding rain and foggy windshield.

By the time we reached Middle Quarters, the sky was clearing and we could roll down the windows cooling off the interior and thus clearing up the windshield. Just before entering Maggotty, Marshall pointed out the new construction for the Hydro Plant where the government has been pouring in millions of dollars to replace the leaky, old 6 foot tall wooden stave intake water pipes with what appeared to be composite material. This is the kind of government spending which will pay off in the long run and make Jamaica a better country.

From the time we entered Accompong Town to the turn to our house is only about a mile but it took nearly half an hour as people kept flagging down the truck to welcome me home and to shake hands. I had a lump in my throat and a bit of a tear in my eye as I reveled in the joy that coming home can bring to one’s soul. As we ascended to Hilltop, the area of town where I live, I was overjoyed at the changes at the house. Rendering almost completed, new electrical lines, 400 gallon storage tank with gutters and so much more that Marshall was excitedly pointing out that all I could muster was Marshall’s favorite word, “Great!”

Tonight I will be resting comfortably in my own bed in my own house. Yes, “Great!”

Peace and Guidance
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
    Just to completely understand the soccer ball donation, how can we arrange to have them picked up?
    Cheers
    Try emailing Dondi at dondi@jamaicans.com and see if he contacts you. It is the best way I know to do it.
    Peace and Guidance
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Bill,

So pleased for you.

Regards
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave