Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walk Good Book,of Negril ??????

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Walk Good Book,of Negril ??????

I have been hearing all the great reviews of this Walk Good Book and how hard it is to get and costly too...I want to bring a good about about Jamaica when I'm in Jamaica so I can look up from the book and be where the story is....

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Re: Walk Good Book,of Negril ??????

I did the research through this page and the author is Roland Reimer...Is this the same book??? I also got Dead Yard which looks good....I got Walk Good for $20 Bucks,Amazon.com???? Is this the same one???I was going to donate it to Father Jim to maybe sell but I thought it cost lots more,or did I get lucky?????

User Info Menu

Walk Good is Roland's book yes. Also available on e reader
    url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

User Info Menu

I've had this book for years! Actually have 2 copies {because I left one out on the lounger ,and it rained , the book puffed up like a puffer fish, all my handwritten journals were in the back of the book and practically got ruined} But yeah, get a hold of this book! The proper name is WALk GOOD Travel's to Negril Jamaica, by Roland Reimer. Get it on Amazon.com . I've read the book every trip down and during our Negril trip 5 -6 times. You'll learn a lot! You can buy me an ice cold Red Stripe on the beach Roland! Respectfully, "Rock & Roll Farmer"

Sponsor

User Info Menu

O/K cool,we will read both books then give them to Father Jim and some other stuff,maybe he can auction them here for donations.....

User Info Menu

Also available from Abebooks, I just picked up a copy for 11.94.

User Info Menu

The book that I always take to JA with me to read again is THE DUPPY by Anthony Winkler which is hilarious. When I die, I definately want to go the Jamaican Heaven (not the US Heaven which is a totally different place). On my last trip, several Jamaican friends read it as well and they loved it as well. It will help your reading if you have a little bit of patois under your belt.
    Winkler is a Jamaican born and raised author. One of his other books THE LUNATIC is also a good read on the beach (this book was also made into a movie of the same name).

User Info Menu

Sunset Negril by Roland Reimer is also a very good book. Makes you want to go back to Jamaica, you know exactly where he is sometimes when you read it.

User Info Menu

Check out Island Odyssey. Here is a link to past posts about the book and a link where you can purchase it online.

http://negril.com/forum/showthread.p...ht=island+boys

Regards,
    Bob

User Info Menu

Hmmm. The link to buy Island Odyssey doesn't work any longer. I might be able to find a digital copy in my files if anyone is really interested. Or maybe I can get in touch with Francis and see where it can be purchased.

Regards,
    Bob