Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast

Thread: Simply Portland...Utterly Devine

User Info Menu

Re: Simply Portland...Utterly Devine

The JUTA driver stops here in route to Ocho Rios.. This is a first for me and would have preferred no stops, but he didn’t take a vote. Were only there for 10 minutes. I and a another lady stayed on the little bus fussing about being delayed getting to where we really wanted to be.

Thought the ad on this wall was interesting.

User Info Menu

First stop Riu Ocho Rios. Love this entrance lane. The place was packed and looks gorgeous.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Well, I have not been a member here for very long, am a relative newcomer. I follow Vi trip reports religiously her reports give me a chance to lose myself in all that rich flora of places like Port land as I do not travel much.....when I do come on (which is not very frequent) I do a Vi search Trip report……
    I can not type another word about traveling another mile without saying Thank You, Summer, for those truly moving words. While it was bought to my attention that “someone mentioned” me in a thread, I didn’t know what to expect. After reading your post I, of course, cried. You see, I have very strong opinions regarding trip reports and had considered voicing a couple in that thread. But wasn’t sure if it were necessary…I do feel Dash expressed most of thoughts well. However, there was still one or two I considered mentioning. Well your motivating expression made me decide to use that energy to bang out a report instead and at last keep my promise to Ms. Sparkle.

However, it’s because of YOU that other readers are gonna suffer from the amount of words and pictures and stories I plan to cram into it…all just for you.

Hope you enjoy my dear Summer!

User Info Menu

Reached the Ocho Rios Jerk Center where my Portland driver was waiting patiently.

Ocho Rios was bustling.

ha! when is it not????

A stop at the cambio inside the jewelry store. One of these visits I’m going buy a silver bangle I keep eyeing as I stand waiting my turn to approach the window. I stop in OR to exchange because by the time I reach Portland, the cambios are closed. It’s a very pleasant 4+ hr ride depending on the number of stops I must make. Otherwise I would zoom through this town as quick as possible. I’m not an ochi fan.

I run into a little grocery store to get a few bottles of Port Royal Gold Rum. They stopped stocking it. Bummer!

User Info Menu

Oh *Vi*... I am so excited to see a Vi trip Report... I know we are in for a pleasant treat of beautiful pictures and detailed narratives... Thank you for keeping a promise...... I am postive that you will not have to take the abuse that others have had recently with posting "your" trip report....whew whooo... lets get this party started!!

User Info Menu

Portie is on my list. Always enjoy your reports miss *vi*!

User Info Menu

SPARKLE!!! Hey there chickie! LOL I knew your radar would pick up the report...well I'm on a roll and will try to stay on it consistantly. 75% of what I post is strictly Portland and talking about people, places and things most folks on the board are unfamiliar with. You know, just in case they might want to check it out one day. So staying on topic I hope not to offend anyone...then again I don't plan to put anyone to sleep *wink*

Hi there goldilocks. Thanks so much and really happy to see you riding along. I KNOW you would fall for Portland as deeply as I have. Just one visit and you'll be hooked. I will keep you in mind as I discuss some of my favorite spots...to entice you to plan a visit

User Info Menu

Okay, side-story time

Oracabessa

Ah-rack-ka-bess-suh and the reason one visit was enough for me…

Every time I see that sign I am reminded of my one time Oracabessa experience. I had booked an area tour with this cute, thick sweetie pie of a driver who, after 90 minutes into the ride, convinced me to meet his big (older) business owner friend. Normally I refuse hook-ups/matchmakings but those two descriptions, mature & business owner peaked my interest so I figured why not?

Okay, when?
    Right now!

Easy U-turn and 5 minutes later we enter a yard full of dead and/or dying automobiles.

He’s a mechanic?
    Yes, mon. One of di bess in Oracabessa.

Old cars and their dissected parts scattered everywhere. The natural ground was hidden under a thick layer of oil, grease and other unknown motor fluids.

I’ve seen enough and was about to leave until Mr. Goodwrench scooted from under a stripped vehicle propped up on bricks. hmmm not bad. Handsome. Bet he got that body from lifting cars onto bricks. Serious muscles from shoulders to calves. Hey a little ajax and a new brillo pad would make him shinny and new.

Hello, I’m Vi. Vash told me nice things about you.

He reached for a rag to clean his hands.

User Info Menu

I’m Al. You are beautiful.
    Thank you.
    You will make a good wifey fe me.
    Huh?
    You body nice and healthy. Nice and fat.
    Huh?!

Vash the driver is smiling.

Yes empress, you will like living here in dis yuh town. Oracabessa nice and quiet. Nuh like Ocho Rios. You like sweetsop fruit….umm…umm…
    Vi, my name is Vi.
    (He laughs) me nuh rememba dat.

He led me to a nearby tree full of sweetsop.
    (Did he propose to me at some point??? Or worse, did I accept??)
    He peered upward into the tree hard, examining the fruit suspended like green gems.

Dat one, dat fe you.
    Oh how nice. Amazing how you can tell the ripe ones from just looking at them.

He drags a cinder block close to the stump next to the sweetsop tree creating an unstable step.

“COME COME”…he commanded..”gal, step up, step up!”
    Who??
    YOU! Come!! You haffie learn how fe pick dem youself. Come step pon the dis ya.

I obeyed for fear of being flogged.

Took me three tries at grabbing the fruit without falling off the shaking block. They didn't even TRY to help. Finally I plucked the fruit from the tree.

He kissteet then sighed “You will get betta on time.”

“I knew you two would fall in love. GET HER NUMBER MON!”

Huh???!!!

User Info Menu

Yeah Girl! I love me a Vi Report too!!
    Stir IT UP