Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Seastar Questions

User Info Menu

Cool Seastar Questions

Now I know that sometimes the best source is to directly ask the hotel...
    but since this board is full of self-professed Seastar addicts, I thought I would start here!

I am considering a short stay at Seastar next spring. I originally wanted to be right on the water but with budget in mind and also all of your glowing reports, I am now considering Seastar. With that in mind, I have a few questions...

-I noticed there were no high/low season price changes. Is this correct?

-As a solo traveller, I would be staying in a basic room. Of rooms 12, 14, 15 & 16 are there any significant differences? Do you have a favorite?

-I like to be able to walk to places to eat/drink/shop. Looking at the map it is hard to tell what is reasonably close by. How long is the walk to West End Drive (is it safe at night to walk?)? Can I find places to hang if I walk 10 minutes?

-If I stay over a Saturday night, is there a difference in the amount I pay for the show/buffet?

-How often does the free shuttle run? Does it only go to the beach or could I get dropped off other places on the cliffs/in town?

I think that is it for now. Thanks in advance for your input!

User Info Menu

The prices are the same year round, that is correct, and the rooms there you mention are the ones I love best because of the large balconies with the hammocks they have..all the rooms have balconies, but those have the extra large ones. I stayed in 16 last time I was there and loved it.

It is about a ten minute walk to the main road..and I think there is just a charge for the buffet but no admission charge for the entertainment..sorry don't know how often the shuttle runs..last time I was there was in '09 and most of the time I just walked down the main road and would take a route taxi to the beach..Rick's Cafe is really close by, other places are a bit of a longer walk.

User Info Menu

All very easy, and the road is very safe!

User Info Menu

-I noticed there were no high/low season price changes. Is this correct?

The prices stay the same year round-sometimes the owner does advertise a crazy deal on here even lower than what is listed -maybe oncea year maybe twice

-As a solo traveller, I would be staying in a basic room. Of rooms 12, 14, 15 & 16 are there any significant differences? Do you have a favorite?

All the rooms are of the same good standard ,you will be happy in any

-I like to be able to walk to places to eat/drink/shop. Looking at the map it is hard to tell what is reasonably close by. How long is the walk to West End Drive (is it safe at night to walk?)? Can I find places to hang if I walk 10 minutes?

the walk to the main road is just at the bottom of your lane it is very short 5 minutes or less and at the bottom there is a few cafes and a little supermarket to the right-just right there.One of the cafes is called Alices you may have heard of it.To the left about ten minute walk is Ricks cafe and to the right if you walk further down the road you would come to xtabi samsara and surrounding areas.If you were talking about supemarket and souvenier shopping well you have the roadside vendors while you are walking but the main stores are downtown at the roundabout which you would probably want to either get a route taxi too which drive past every few seconds at the bottom of seastar lane and costs about 100ja I think or you can just hop out of the free shuttle there.I think you can jump out of the shuttle anywhere you like.As long as you are en-route do not think there is a problem.

-If I stay over a Saturday night, is there a difference in the amount I pay for the show/buffet?
    Good question.I think I have always paid the same as non stayingguests I will have to find this out myself.I think it stays the same I am not totally sure.

-How often does the free shuttle run? Does it only go to the beach or could I get dropped off other places on the cliffs/in town?
    Once a day it runs you can get dropped off anywhere on the way so that includes pretty much everywhere lol

User Info Menu

All the rooms are quite similar with the exception of location of course. If you have a choice...ask for one of the back rooms it will give you a bit more balcony privacy...but either way all rooms are good.

Located within easy walking distance of Seastar.... (Seastar Lane is fine to walk at night & surrounding areas that are well-lit...but ALWAYS use common sense)....LTU Pub, Ricks Cafe, Westside Pub, Catcha Falling Star for dinner and/or drinks, Salt & Pepper Pub, Sharks Restaurant, Ras Roddy's for great soup, a smattering of souvenir shops & grocery store at the beginning of the lane.
    Note. Alice's Restaurant has been closed for some time now.

Enjoy...Sam I am!!

User Info Menu

Thanks everyone for your input...very helpful!

User Info Menu

I think the shuttle goes to the beach at 11, but generally they will just take you where and when you need to go .... It's a nice place. The walk to the corner is a very short walk (not that I would do ever do it, ha ha).

User Info Menu

Oh no Alices is shut now?where is a good alternative then very close by?I will need one for this years trip?Sharks would you say?I did try a couple nearby to alices last trip but they were eithe out of food or too high priced where would you suggest similar to alices and as close as possible?

User Info Menu

You don't need to go anywhere except on rare ocassions because Seastar Inn's food is better than most of the other places, anyway .... Catcha is super close, nearly right across the street once you walk to the corner ..... Leroy's chicken is right there, too, though I don't think he keeps regular hours (don't remember seeing him active last visit); also, at Rick's there is a barrel chicken guy, younger guy, who is really good, but he's a little off-the-wall as far as his personality goes ... He finishes around 7 p.m. to 7:30, just as it's getting dark.

User Info Menu

-I noticed there were no high/low season price changes. Is this correct? Ya mon

-As a solo traveller, I would be staying in a basic room. Of rooms 12, 14, 15 & 16 are there any significant differences? Do you have a favorite? #16 is one of the ones facing the back of the property which I have stayed in........loved it!

-I like to be able to walk to places to eat/drink/shop. Ya Mon How long is the walk to West End Drive (is it safe at night to walk?)? quick 5 minute walk and yes it's very safe Can I find places to hang if I walk 10 minutes? A lot mon you got Catcha, Sharks, Negril Escape, LeRoy's, Ricks, LTU, Ras Rody's, Bella Donna's, Wise Choice, etc etc......my prefered hangout is LTU

-If I stay over a Saturday night, is there a difference in the amount I pay for the show/buffet? ask Chris for a discount.......lol

-How often does the free shuttle run? usually around 10:30 AM down to the beach and heads back around 4PM or whenever you call SeaStar to pick you up....Does it only go to the beach or could I get dropped off other places on the cliffs/in town? Anyplace you want......even the Bank or Cambio.......lol

you won't find a more accommodating place than the infamous SeaStar Inn!!!!!