Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best place for a single guy to stay in Negril?

User Info Menu

i would also say Alfred's. i was single when i first started going to Negril and the most sucess i had meeting the women was by renting a good size bike from Jah b.
    you know the old saying (clean version). if a guy can't get lucky in negril then he probably couldn't get lucky in a *****house with a handfull of hundreds

User Info Menu

The truth is, there are not too many single tourists, period, as tourism in Negril seems to be down, and most that do make it to the Rock are couples .... This low number of singles can have its disadvantages in terms of a lack of a party scene at the hotels and also finding a buddy to cruise around with, but it can have its advantages, too, as far as meeting locals is concerned.

i have been to RIU NEGRIL Club MANY times through the years, and there is a disco after midnight -- one of the few hotels with anything at all going on after midnight. SOmetimes, there can be dozens of peeps partying up a storm in that disco, other nights can be slow .... Just depends on the mix that particular week .... As for being an Bloody Bay, he can rent a scooter or pay for route cabs at 100j per trip.

User Info Menu

Park him at Alfred's-he can get a room with his own washroom on that lovely 2nd floor porch fo $50 US per day. Believe me he will not ever mention the word bored. Plus think about all the extra $$$$$$$$$ he will have with the $50 room instead of $150. Also I agree that Roots Bamboo would be good also for just slightly more than Alfreds

User Info Menu

I travel by myself to negril a lot (I am not a guy though!). I book where I am going to stay by the qualities of the place I am staying and what I want and the budget I have -kitchenette, beach, cliff, pool, no pool, food, bar, fridge no fridge etc. Then I go from there to where the party is--three venues on the beach with parties different nights, the jungle, etc. I always meet people at those places. And there there are the webcasts as well. I don't try to book my accommodation based on what kind of crowd might be there--sometime in off season there are barely any guests at places. I would say have him stay somewhere central on the beach (not tucked away up in an AI) and make sure he has the negril map and a list of the parties, etc. If he is feeling a little shy, a rum punch can do wonders. Also make sure he has an idea of how to get around. Or even better, if he can save a little money by staying somewhere like Bar B barn, maybe he could have a go-to driver guy that can take him around. If he is on the beach it is fun to bar hop and check out the vibe at different places. My first trip I stayed at Samsara and took their shuttle to the beach and walked the beach a lot, met a lot of tourists and locals, went to parties, and towards the end of my trip met a few girls who had checked in to Samsara hooked up with me and we went to a show at Bourbon beach together. I myself don't like to split my stay unless I have a couple of weeks--it takes valuable vacation time to check in and out--pack- unpack.

User Info Menu

Definitely the beach side is for singles.
    I LEFT MY HEART IN JAMAICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Turtle Towers, Ochie '85~Seawind, MoBay '89~Jamaica Grande, Ochie '99~Pebbles, Falmouth '09~Coco La Palm, Negril '11

http://www.tickerfactory.com/

User Info Menu

I travel solo and Negril is the best place for me. I am planning a trip in November also. My first 5 stays were at Firefly.It is still my favorite and I always spend my daytime hours at that bar,even though I am staying at different properties.That area of the beach is great for single guys like me. I've stayed at Greenleaf in March and it was great.I also stayed at Grand Pineapple and the Treehouse. I liked all of them, but Firefly is my favorite because of the Workers and the guests are all so much fun.Like a family.Alot of single people there and all are fun.What I also like about Firefly is that even though there are people of all ages,everyone has a blast and everyone wants to talk and have conversation and do things. That area of the beach has alot of cool places.I'm on the other side of 40,but party with 20 something kids to 70 year young friends and I'll say that more than once , my older friends and I have kept up with the youngsters many days and nights.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Boogzy View Post
    Park him at Alfred's-he can get a room with his own washroom on that lovely 2nd floor porch fo $50 US per day. Believe me he will not ever mention the word bored. Plus think about all the extra $$$$$$$$$ he will have with the $50 room instead of $150. Also I agree that Roots Bamboo would be good also for just slightly more than Alfreds
    he'll need a vacation after the vacation if he takes that route......that would kill this guy.......lol
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shooter1 View Post
    I travel solo and Negril is the best place for me. I am planning a trip in November also. My first 5 stays were at Firefly.It is still my favorite and I always spend my daytime hours at that bar,even though I am staying at different properties.That area of the beach is great for single guys like me.
    Firefly is awesome.....excellent location and the staff is super and aim to please
    even the Secret Cabins there are pretty cool which saves you some money over Firefly Rooms.......

but for a first timer........the beach is almost a must.......or even for the second time....
    then some will graduate to the West End.......which is the Best End........

the great thing about the Negril is that it only takes about 10 minutes to get to the Cliffs or vice versa.......
    that's after you get the $100J Route Taxis figured out...which only takes about a day....lol

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marko View Post
    he'll need a vacation after the vacation if he takes that route......that would kill this guy.......lol
    It sounds like Alfred's really is in the center of the action. The price can't be beat! I remember Roots Bamboo being pretty wild too... Roots felt more local and a little less touristy than Alfreds. It could have been just the night I went though. I really like the idea of Jamar being surrounded by chill people and having a good time. Definitely the beach is the place to be. He loves to party and I think this would be the best place for him to let loose.

But like Marko just said... I don't want to kill him. lol

For those that have stayed in Roots or Alfreds.. were you able to sleep at all at night? Did the music stop thumping? Were you hassled at all by anyone? Were you able to get some relaxing time in?

IW -Bar B Barn looks really good too. I agree that a few rum punches will definitely remove any shyness and get him out of the hotel room. I know he's going to have a blast.

Shooter1 - I'm going to look into Firefly. That's cool that you're also going to visit in November. The flight prices are really good right now for the first part of the month.
    Will anyone else be in Negril in the beginning of November?

Thanks everyone for your suggestions
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

When we stayed at Roots Bamboo, it was mostly populated by single Canadian Women. Easy to get to sleep at night, if that's what you wanted to do alone.. LOL But reality is, he'll make friends immediately and hang out, sleeping will be the last on the list. It's actually only noisy on Wednesday's, but he gets free entry to the live show, and he'll probably want to enjoy the vibe until the music stops, then it's off to another party or to bed or to someone's cabin to continue partying, or to your cabin with a bunch of new friends to continue partying. I would go back to roots today actually if it weren't for the kidlettes. Ted, Effie, Miss Heather have always been excellent hosts, and there's hot water now in the deluxe cabins with their own washrooms.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]