Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best place for a single guy to stay in Negril?

User Info Menu

Having stayed at RIu and Grand Pineapple, I would pick GP over the RIU travelling single as most nights both places are pretty quiet come around midnight. At least at GP your right next to Alfreds and a quick walk to lots of cool little bars, and places to hangout.

User Info Menu

Cool Skip Alfred's if you want sleep, lots of other cheap options

Rooms on the Beach includes breakfast & very nice rooms, price depends on room location or size & hotel is by all the beach bars but can still get some sleep.
    Roots Bamboo is okay if you don't mind walking down property to bathrooms & showers since rooms are just bare boned cabins with narrow beds. Very basic accommodations & music will keep you up on their 1-2 night party time.
    Fun Holiday is another I might suggest pricing, usually lots of Germans or Italians staying there & can be fun or close to fun bars.
    Negril Tree House is farther down 7mile from bars but great place to stay for singles & includes delicious breakfast buffet with room price.
    Coco La Palm I would not recommend for singles, its more family oriented.
    Firefly is you don't mind nudity.
    Across the road from beach are lots of cheap room options, depends on how basic a room you want or noise you are willing to put up with. I prefer to have quiet while I sleep & party elsewhere...

User Info Menu

I would definitely say main beach... if you gotta go AI pick GP or another near the action (Legends?). I agree with the person who said to pick a place based on what they offer, not the people you hope will be there... just cause you never know who will be there! He can always venture out to meet people!

I like the idea of Alfreds as it is in the middle of everything (if he wants to really live it up). If he wants a more chill spot as a homebase, I gotta throw my favorite White Sands into the mix.

User Info Menu

Another possibility – Caribbean Delight (right next door to GP on the left as you head to the beach). You and Markus went out in the glass bottom boat that is based from their beach – in fact, the youngest fellow in your video of your snorkling trip is the 17 y.o. son of CD’s owners (Cyrano). Rooms are clean, comfortable, well furnished with frig, cable TV, AC and great veranda. Ask for the beach front cottage (either upstairs or downstairs). No restaurant on the premises, but Alfred’s is a 2 minute walk up the beach or Mama Flo’s a 2 minute walk down the beach; and there are numerous other restaurants/bars within short walking distances. Shamrock Grocery store (snacks, beer, sodas, fresh squeezed orange juice) is right across the street. Also within walking distance to Bourbon Beach, Roots Bamboo and The Jungle. No website, but you can contact the owner/operator Ann-Deta Forrester via cell phone 876-422-0339 or by email at: Caribbean.delight@yahoo.com for rates/availability

User Info Menu

BCBUD- Thanks for the heads up on Caribbean Delight. I didn't realize we were on the snorkeling trip with the son of the owner! He was so sweet and fun to talk to. We're going to call them about the rates.

After reading all the helpful feedback, Jamar decided to book the first three days at the Grand Pineapple instead of the Riu or any other AI due to the location (next door to Alfred's, close to the jungle..etc). Even though it's slow at night, you guys are right, he can easily get around to party outside the hotel. The staff is great and will take care of him. It's also 65% off on those dates. Not to mention the fact that Markus and I already have 3 days already paid for April. These reservations could be easily moved to November if we're able to pull together the funds in time to purchase flight tickets to join him. This would make the trip more affordable for us. *fingers crossed*

As for the remaining days of his stay, he's been looking at all the suggestions.. i.e. Roots, Alfreds, Negril treehouse, fun holiday, Carribean delight..etc There are so many great hotels to choose from on the beach. He's super excited about this trip. He's contemplating the idea of just checking out the different hotels when he gets there and booking on site. I'm not sure if that's the best idea because I've never done it? He would have three days to explore and figure it out.

Has anyone gone to Negril without reservations for a chunk of their stay and just found a place that they liked after they arrived? How did that work out for you?

Thanks so much guys for all your help!
    Last edited by Clarity; 07-27-2011 at 04:53 PM.
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post

Has anyone gone to Negril without reservations for a chunk of their stay and just found a place that they liked after they arrived? How did that work out for you?
    yup.......many times........tell him to wait till he gets there.........
    he'll be able to check out places and then book the rest of his stay where he wants....
    wi call them "walk ins" and you can get yourself a heck of a deal on the room rates too.......
    and make sure he does this himself and not on the word of someone he just met in Negril.....

FYI - the only problem with GP is that it's not guest friendly at all which a lot of solo travelers don't like.......
    otherwise the guy is going to get pretty spoiled at GP and hopefully won't be comparing everything to GP when he's Resort shopping....
    oh......Caribbean Delight is right beside GP.......dunno if it's guest friendly though
    all the places I mentioned previously above are guest friendly......

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Last edited by Marko; 07-27-2011 at 06:26 PM.
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Clarity - I agree with Marko .. there will be no problem checking out rooms once he is in Negril at GP.
    Caribbean Dellight is definately guest friendly

User Info Menu

wish I had become a member of this site or at least stumbled across this thread before I booked lol

User Info Menu

Clarity,

The Beach The Beach... I spent 16 years on the Beach (married)!! After my Divorce in 2006, I tried the Cliffs. Definitely not going back to the beach!!! LOL

If his budget is $150/per day, I'll fly down and meet him (I'll pay for my airfare) and he can hire me as his Jamaican Tour Guide (for $150 US per day, I'll provide lodging, meals, drinks, transportation and entertainment). We will both have seperate rooms on the cliffs and eat and drink like Kings!! He will definitely have an amazing time, and like Marko back in 1984, he will need two days of sleep upon his return.... GUARANTEED!!! Yes he will get to the beach if time permits, but honestly, he'll be having way too much fun to bother with the beach!!! WOO HOO

Single Guys should not be in an AI resort! The action and excitement is outside the gates!!!

Enjoy,

VVHT

User Info Menu

I'm late on this, but I really liked Mariner's. I met lots of folks and partied and drank with a lot of them...haha.