Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Topless sunbathing...

User Info Menu

Cool Topless sunbathing...

Is topless sunbathing allowed on any of the beaches?. My wife wants to find a resort where this is allowed.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jambound View Post
    Is topless sunbathing allowed on any of the beaches?. My wife wants to find a resort where this is allowed.
    all of Negril Beach is topless.......
    it's not uncommon for ladies to walk up and down the beach topless.....
    you can tell which ones are from North America......they're usually the ones not topless
    a place like Firefly allows totally nudity.........not too long ago all of Bloody Bay was filled with nudist......

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

ive done it at For Real (may she rest in peace) and Seawind.
    Happy holiday family time!

User Info Menu

Just my two cents here......the only "legal" place to go topless on the main stretch of the 7 mile beach is Firefly. I know that you can give it a try anywhere on the beach, but don't be surprised if you get a negative reaction from either the locals or even the police. I witnessed a dispute about this very thing last year when someone from Firefly walked over to SunBeach with a sarong on, but topless. The police happened to walk thru from the road at about the same time and actually chewed her out pretty good, with locals making some comments too. It turned into an ugly situation and the lady in question was very upset when it was all over.

I know it may not be a problem most times, and I do see it quite often, but I think Jambounds wife should be aware of the possibility that it might not go over so well.

Just saying.............

User Info Menu

I think also it may be a little different if you are lying on the beach sunning as opposed to walking around. Every time I have stayed on the beach I have seen a mix of topless and not. I never heard anything about it not being legal--but maybe there are parameters. Firefly is full-nudity allowed. which in my mind is a lot different that a woman removing her top when sunbathing. AT NBCC last June there was a large group a European girls topless on the beach every day,

User Info Menu

I'm in favor of it.

Andy

User Info Menu

Agree with Orchid. I have also witnessed topless females walking on the beach being subjected to rather nasty comments from local Jamaicans (particulary from older Jamaicans). Jamaicans tend to be rather modest outside their family units - I have never seen a JA female over the age of 4 or 5 topless on the beach (not even the working girls). Years ago there were sections of the beach in secluded areas where nudity was no problem, however those sections were lost when development took place.

There are many establishments where topless sunbathing is permitted and commonplace on the beach particularly if the hotel/resort caters to European tourists.
    As noted, Firefly allows full or partial nudity and it is fun place to hangout with good bar and good food. Hedonism has both a "nude" and a "prude" beach for its AI guests - if not staying at Hedonism you can purchase a "day pass" which gives you full access to the resort and you can stay for the evenings entertainment.

Remember to use lots of sunscreen and limit the time in the sun - burnt blistering and peeling breasts or other sensitive areas can be very painfull and very unattractive!

User Info Menu

all of Negril Beach is topless and it's an accepted practice.....you won't get arrested for it.....

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Accepted, but respected?? Two different things. I'm with orchid here and have seen an local/tourist argument over it.

User Info Menu

Orchid describes it...PERFECTLY!