Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: CharlesJAB/Eco Returns after a couple of years exploring other places.

User Info Menu

CharlesJAB/Eco Returns after a couple of years exploring other places.

So....after taking a couple of years away from JA I booked a flight tonight...two hours ago and will arrive at noon today (Thursday).

Aside from the normal what is going on each night type of questions, what is the deal for transport from MBJ to Negril? I checked on Jutu's website and you have to fill out a form....not enough time in my case. Clives....I've used in the past but not sure if he was the person that left us too soon a year ago? Looking for a cheap-ish 20-30USD ride. If Smith is reading a break down of the route taxi thingy is welcome since that might be more in my price range. MBJ-Mobay-Luceu (sp)-Negril....150 each link?

Anyhow, nice thoughts thinking of that warm white sand between my toes, seeing old friends, blogging about interesting places.....

User Info Menu

Re: CharlesJAB/Eco Returns after a couple of years exploring other places.

Hi Eco,

Try calling JUTA Negril at 876-957-4620 (or 9197). You can always just go to the Juta lot at the airport and pay cash for a ride to Negril for around $25US. No reservations! When the reps in the lobby ask you what hotel, just say you need the JUTA Negril rep (make sure you specify Negril or they used to try to use JUTA Mobay and charge more). You may need to wait a bit for other passengers to arrive. Usually no more than 15 minutes or so.

Alfred is the beloved driver who left us way too soon, not Clive.

User Info Menu

Re: CharlesJAB/Eco Returns after a couple of years exploring other places.

Quote Originally Posted by goldilocks View Post
    Hi Eco,

Try calling JUTA Negril at 876-957-4620 (or 9197). You can always just go to the Juta lot at the airport and pay cash for a ride to Negril for around $25US. No reservations! When the reps in the lobby ask you what hotel, just say you need the JUTA Negril rep (make sure you specify Negril or they used to try to use JUTA Mobay and charge more). You may need to wait a bit for other passengers to arrive. Usually no more than 15 minutes or so.

Alfred is the beloved driver who left us way too soon, not Clive.
    Thanks Goldilocks. I endedup figuring 8ut the route taxi thingy.
    If my memory is correct I paid 130 from mbj to the mobay taxi park, 230 to Lucea and 250 to negril. Aside from saving money, the experience was wonderful.