Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: If you love Jamaica let me see your hand - A Trip Report

User Info Menu

Re: If you love Jamaica let me see your hand - A Trip Report

Bring it on girl!

User Info Menu

You guys are awesome! There is a moment of trepidation pressing that post new thread button. I can feel the love. I've got 17 days to get baby done before we head back and I am determined. I'll get to Chapter 2 tomorrow, but first, the rest of Chapter 1

User Info Menu

Long before we purchased our flights, I was making plans for where we were going to stay. I really had two criteria, Sunshine needed AC and I needed at least a queen size bed. Of course, it also needed to be awesome, but there seems to be a lot of that in Negril.

I am a big believer that moving around a little bit during a vacation makes the whole thing seem much longer. If you change the view every couple of days, home seems both longer and further away each time. I had originally though a straight cliff/beach split would be the plan, but I was having a hard time narrowing to just one of each. I have no idea how many times I said to myself, 'That is it, this is the final plan,' but it seemed I was changing my mind every week. With each positive trip report, the possibilities got more endless.

As last winter's trip reports unfolded, it was hard not to notice that there was a lot of love on this board for Catcha Falling Star. I was trying to stretch my dollars to 10 days though, so most of the rooms at Catcha were just a bit out of reach. Pisces looked great (it is my sign) and I loved the patio, but I just couldn't talk myself into the double bed. Little Capricorn didn't have a patio and I wanted our own outside space. Gatehouse had the bigger bed, but I was worried about being near the road.

Lucky for me at the end of April boardie Sweetness was staying in the Gatehouse and she was reporting live. She answered a number of questions for me and urged me to get on booking. Though we didn't actually have the vacation approved and hadn't settled for sure on the length of our stay, before the boardie bash was done, we had booked 3 nights in the Gatehouse. It would be stop #2 on this year's adventure.

So where to start things off? Right where we found our groove last time at Blue Cave Castle. Sunshine was excited enough about returning, that he actually sat down with me and we went through all the air conditioned rooms on the BCC website to pick the one we wanted. Our first choice wasn't available, but there was a close second. Before I pushed the button, I thought I would show him the Penthouse. It took him about 12 seconds to decide that AC was actually not that important to him. It was available, so we'd get to play King and Queen of the Castle for our first 3 nights in Negril.

Our last 4 nights, we are headed down to the beach. I had narrowed our choices down to Nirvana on the Beach and Idle Awhile. It was a really tough choice. Having had fun picking the penthouse, Sunshine was keen to weigh in on this choice, so we looked at pictures and videos from all over the place. Ultimately, Idle Awhile was the winner. Of course after all that, they didn't have any room at the inn.

I think it was fate though, as Idle Awhile was stretching the budget. For some reason I hadn't thought to check on what was on sale at Negril One Stop. They had their winter sale for CocoLaPalm, which had always been a real contender. It was going to cost of half of what Idle Awhile would have and their beach is beautiful. I have certainly viewed their webcams enough times. I would have liked a junior suite for the extra $7 a night, but they didn't have any available for our dates. I was sure the superior room would do the trick. Besides, we were going to be on the beach most of the time anyway.

User Info Menu

Awesome report Cherry,hope to meet you this trip,we will be at Seastar on the 30th,hope you are as well.Thanks for the report it makes these next 15 days go by a little easier!!

User Info Menu

i'm here cherry! waiting . . . lol

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Pure niceness! Cont pls!

User Info Menu

Love it so far, keep it rolling!

User Info Menu

So happy that you're back posting again -I LOVED your first report. But alas - I just realized that you're doing the day by day approach again which makes perfect sense...and I was so spoiled by being able to binge-read the last one! OK, I know, I have to relax and practice my soon-comes! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful writing.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by billndonna View Post
    Awesome report Cherry,hope to meet you this trip,we will be at Seastar on the 30th,hope you are as well.Thanks for the report it makes these next 15 days go by a little easier!!
    I can say for sure that we will be there on 30th, as we are actually staying at Seastar at that point in our trip. Look forward to seeing you there

User Info Menu

Cherry & Sunshine! This is incredible! I'd like to share this with you quickly. {As I need to get to outside and finish up about 100 "things to do" here on the farm. Winter is coming. Probably with a vengeance! But anyhoo, I couldn't sleep, and got up and went to the computer for my daily Negril.com addiction. I clicked on your "newbie" report ,and wow, the details, details.... It sucked me right in. Loved it. As the further I went , then you put pictures of yourself and Sunshine, then it dawned on me ."hey, I know you from the One Love bus trip last December! We stayed at Coco. We shared some Red Stripes & conversation at Seastar Inn! What a fun time! It truly is a small world. We have been to Negril 9 times, and our 10th trip is coming up in December. We are trying something new this trip. A split trip 7 nites at Seastar and 4 at Treehouse. Can't wait. Negril is truly our 2nd home. We have so many Jamaican friends now ,from over the years. I consider those folks dear friends now. Thanks for your trip reports, and maybe we'll hang out again some time! One love. Todd + Deb from Minnesota a.k.a Rock'n'Roll Farmer"