Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Negril Yacht Club

User Info Menu

Negril Yacht Club

I'm probably dating myself with this query but do any of the old Negril hands recall the Yacht Club?

I remember Chuck (Mgr? Owner?), Donna (his Jamaican G/F), Delroy (bartender) and Mr. Singh (Security).

Does anyone else remember these guys?

User Info Menu

It was a great place to hang out in '81.They had the best curried lobster.
    Last edited by Stuart Love; 01-03-2012 at 02:20 PM.

User Info Menu

Hoho!
    Stuart you go back way farther than me.
    Delroy and Donna probably weren't even teens then.
    That rug really tied the room together.

User Info Menu

I was there in 1981.Spent seven weeks there that year.Two weeks in May and five weeks in November for our honeymoon.Stayed at Tigress,$10 per person per day.Hung out at the Yacht Club lots.Good food and drinks and party every night.This year will be our 30th anniversary.We are staying at the Seastar Inn this time.

User Info Menu

Stuart congrats on 30!
    We'll be at the Seastar on the 15th watching the Packers (my G/F is a fan - I'm from Minnesota originally so I don't care so much).
    If I see you there I'll get you an anniversary drink!

User Info Menu

Johnny the bartender too. He took the kids and I and RJ to Mayfield Falls around 2000.

User Info Menu

I spent a weekend there in 1973 or 1974 I think.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Hey Captain,
    Any gravity issues?
    That rug really tied the room together.

User Info Menu

I remember them building it in 73. I was thinking to myself then that "there is a Wharf Club with no wharf and now a Yacht Club with no Yachts in sight, these Jamaicans are something else".

User Info Menu

Yacht Club in the 1970's

I remember the only Public Phone was outside the Yacht club ( long before cell phones appeared) and to confirm your return flight you had to go there with sufficient change in JA to get a call thru to Sangster Airport to confirm your seat. And sometimes wait in line to use the phone. Another time the call would not go through since the coin box had not neen emptied in so long , there was no room for more coins !Frantic voice would come on the line and say " No Call today - The box is full - the box is full!! Restaurant was pretty good in the day too - Jamaican & Chinese Menu.