Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Where can I rent a cell phone

User Info Menu

Where can I rent a cell phone

I'm not interested in buying a phone, I just need to rent one - I'm staying in the west end, any ideas appreciated. Thanks!

User Info Menu

Re: Where can I rent a cell phone

There are several drivers that include a phone with their services. Are you hiring a driver to get you to/from airport?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by agregory View Post
    There are several drivers that include a phone with their services. Are you hiring a driver to get you to/from airport?
    Linston supplies a loaner cell phone.

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Years ago there were businesses that rented cell phones...as prices came down for phones and phone plans, some tour operators/airport drivers chose to offer a phone for your entire stay as long as you booked your arrival & return ride to the airport with them.
    Otherwise, you need to buy a phone here or bring an unlocked phone that you can buy a sim card for...either from Digicel or Flow.
    Last edited by Bnewb; 02-18-2017 at 09:19 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by agregory View Post
    Yes, if you have a private transfer you may be able to borrow a phone. If not(and I know you said you're not interested in buying one but), we purchased a cheap phone for about $25 and each time we go back it's about $5 for a sim card and about the same for the phone card.

I have another question. My provider switched to Lime and last year they wouldn't sell me a sim card without a Jamaican ID. This was at Megamart in MoBay. Do I need someone with a Ja ID to get me a sim card still in Negril?