Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: New quarantine/isolation rules

Administrator

User Info Menu

New quarantine/isolation rules

From Caribjournal.com:

Jamaica has shortened the required isolation period for US travelers who test positive while on the island.

The new rules stipulate that US travelers can exit isolation after five days, provided that the person is asymptomatic or has had mild symptoms that are resolving (as per the evaluation of a physician).

The isolation period begins the day after the positive test is taken; for travelers who remain symptomatic after five days, the 10-day quarantine period must be completed.

https://www.caribjournal.com/2022/01...lers-positive/
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Re: New quarantine/isolation rules

Are there any numbers on traveler positive tests?
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

Administrator

User Info Menu

There are no actual numbers from the Ministry of Health, but the numbers for Negril, with virtually everywhere being open air, are very, very small.

Out of all the people I have seen since the testing requirements were put in place, at least 1000, I know of less than a handful who tested positive and had to quarantine.

The reason for relaxing the isolation/quarantine is not because things are getting worse, but getting better.

There is another social reason for the relaxation. Due to a few visitors who tested positive and quarantined posting unbelievable stories on FB. One posted that they were kidnapped and were being spied on... turned out to be the smoke alarm, not a camera and later apologized after the damage was done. And another case where someone posted during their quarantine that they had no internet access. How do you post on FB when you have no internet access? Unless of course you break quarantine and go somewhere else to obtain access, spreading Covid the entire way there and back to your room.

The new rules take into account the scientific fact that we are all going to be exposed to Omicron, like it or not. Just as the US CDC has stated.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Thanks Rob. I felt safe in Negril. Businesses are taking it more seriously there than here. Love to you and Lisa.
    Be well!
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

I already told the hubby we are bringing 5 days extra meds just in case. We are vaccinated had it last Sept and boosted. But you never know.

User Info Menu

Good idea Celinda. I am taking more than 5 days though. I have to have a PCR before I come back to Canada and it is more precise than the Antigen. I am trip;e vaxed but I figure better safe than sorry.
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SLP View Post
    Good idea Celinda. I am taking more than 5 days though. I have to have a PCR before I come back to Canada and it is more precise than the Antigen. I am trip;e vaxed but I figure better safe than sorry.
    Triple vaxed or not, you can still come up with a positive result.