Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: A Tale of Two Seasons

User Info Menu

Re: A Tale of Two Seasons

Hi Maralunatic, Yes, I was in Portland and just return from a visit that was way too short. I’ve experienced “post-reach effects” before, but not like this time. I’ve been having flash-backs for a couple of days. You know, when you hear a note or smell something that is connected to Jamaica, you are mentally taken back to it all. How disappointing when you have to snap out of it and refocus on the here and now which ain’t Jamaica.

But anyway, I’m sooooo happy to see you continued with your awesome report. Your pictures of the beaches and market visit are fabulous. So bright and beautiful. I’m also glad you caught the jerk sausage at the center while it was fresh and juicy. And you were on the beach during a Beenie Man shoot!!! I would have approached him for a picture without hesitation!

I will be adding this reach to the report that is already up. I did a lot, but not enough to start a new post. I rode with Devon 85% of the time and he told me how much he enjoyed accommodating you and Mr. Lunatic. He’s going to be a huge support with my summer project…more of that later.

I tell you, we could be great travel partners because we are drawn to the same locations. I’ve stayed at the same condos in Ocho Rios and sat on Mahogany beach for many hours.

Please keep it coming!

User Info Menu

Vi! Nice to see you back. I KNEW you went to Jamaica! I could feel it in my bones, and I was sooo jealous!. I'm glad you had a good trip and can't wait to read about it.
    I know what you mean about the mental flashbacks! I'm still having them and I'm trying to drag my report out so I don't have to deal with the reality quite yet!!
    I would LOVE to meet up with you sometime in JA and buy you dinner and some drinks just for all the info and support you've given. (I think we'd be great travel partners too!)

User Info Menu

Left my phone on the bus headed to port Antonio ☹️ But I’m reliving through you! I’m headed back to ja in September and i am Literally going to both ochi and Port Antonio and not renting a car this time so it’s great to see someone else doing it ! I’m having less anxiety although we’re only staying in ochi the first and last night. Trying to avoid long drives this reach. This report is great !

User Info Menu

Vacationlovaa, I would have been so bummed if I lost my phone. Like you, I use it for my pictures. You'll just have to get that many more when you go back! I'm jealous you're going back in September! We're going in December, but only to Negril this time since it's a short trip. We scored a Groupon for Travellers so we HAD to do it. I could feel someone twisting my arm! But I want to go back to Port Antonio...so many things left to do and see!

User Info Menu

Most of our time in Ochi was spent just relaxing on the beach. We did make it out to Scotchies for some jerk chicken. I wasn't that impressed with the chicken, but the conch soup..oh man! I could live on it!
    We also ate one night at Oceans Eleven, which was right on the waterfront. Excellent food and service. I couldn't decided between the shrimp and oxtail, so my waitress gave me her opinion(the oxtail was awesome and earned her a high five and good tip!)
    Our departure time was approaching way too soon!
    Instead of taking the Knutsford bus to the airport, we hitched a ride with the property manager Levene. Super nice guy! But I didn't realize you could make it to MoBay from Ochi in an hour!!

Checking into the airport and boarding a plane was the hardest thing to do. Seems like it gets worse every year! And it didn't help that we were headed from the beautiful weather back into another snowstorm like the one we left in.

User Info Menu

Oh i was Totally bummed. My bfs phone was barely a phone (he’s a lifeguard who needs a life proof lol) so i didn’t even try. Yes i already Bought a back up battery charger for some reason In ja my phone dies quicker. I will definitely be a tourist next trip. I’ve only had scotchies in MoBay and the jerk was great that day. Lol that’s so funny. It’s so entertaining watching traffic in Jamaica

User Info Menu

If you put it in airplane mode the battery will last days. Then you have the camera at least, and can turn the phone part on with a few taps.

User Info Menu

Thank you TAH. I never realized it would still pull my battery even if i didnt Use my phone ! Will try next reach

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vacationlovaa View Post
    Thank you TAH. I never realized it would still pull my battery even if i didnt Use my phone ! Will try next reach
    It happens because you're constantly switching "available" networks, and picking up every wifi signal in range, both kill battery life pretty fast.

User Info Menu

Cool Re: A Tale of Two Seasons

I'm kind of sad my trip report has come to an end. But I will be returning to Jamaica in December so at least I have something to look forward to!!

To be quite honest, I LOVED Port Antonio! It had such a cool funky vibe, and the people were friendly. My heart is torn, since I love the energetic vibe you get in Negril, but I also loved the chill feeling you get in PA. I may just have to split trips and satify my soul, as Bob would say!
    While we're being honest, I have to admit I hated Ocho Rios. The town and the people had a worn, world-weary feeling to it, and I'm not sure if it's because they see (and get sick of) all the cruise ships that continually dock. There just wasn't the energy and vibe that you get elsewhere. Montego Bay, in my opinion can also be like that. Sorry for any Ochi fans, but just saying how I felt, and don't get me wrong, most of the people we encountered were great, just a general feeling.
    I live in a tourist area, and I can understand the feeling some people get when they see their town constantly overrun by tourists.

So there you have it...my first trip report.
    I have to say it was kind of fun to write it since I kind of relived the whole vacation!!