Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't leave resort

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Can't leave resort

Quote Originally Posted by gregandkelly63 View Post
    I thought this was the newest protocol. There's so much misinformation out there. It makes it very confusing
    Stop reading FB... we posted the OFFICIAL RULES the other day. Here is the link:

https://negril.com/forum/showthread....1st-to-Sept-30
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Ukran1Name:  807F6F03-A35F-47B2-9222-04A631590BBE.png
Views: 901
Size:  850.0 KB
    Jamaica remains at a level 3.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Here is the remainder of the the US Travel Advisory....

Read the country information page.

If you decide to travel to Jamaica:

See the U.S. Embassy's web page regarding COVID-19. 
    Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.   
    Avoid walking or driving at night.
    Avoid public buses.
    Avoid secluded places or situations.
    Do not physically resist any robbery attempt.
    Be aware of your surroundings and keep a low profile.
    Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
    Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
    Review the Crime and Safety Report for Jamaica.
    U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
    Kingston

Violence and shootings occur regularly in some areas of Kingston. Do not travel to the following areas:

Cassava Piece
    Downtown Kingston, defined as between Mountain View Avenue and Hagley Park Road, and south of Half Way Tree and Old Hope Roads. Downtown Kingston includes Trench Town, Tivoli Gardens, and Arnett Gardens.
    Grants Pen
    Standpipe
    Visit our website for Travel to High-Risk Areas.

Montego Bay

Violence and shootings occur regularly in some areas of Montego Bay. Do not travel to the following areas:

Canterbury
    Clavers Street
    Flankers
    Hart Street
    Norwood
    Rose Heights

Spanish Town

Do not travel to Spanish Town. Violence and shootings occur regularly in Spanish Town.

Last Update: Reissued with updates to COVID-19 information.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Other than the USA "it is not smart to travel right now", the wording of the warning is virtually the same as it has been for quite some time.

If Covid wasn't around, it would be the same category two..... same as it ever was.... same as it ever was.... (a tip of the hat to The Talking Heads)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Stop reading FB... we posted the OFFICIAL RULES the other day. Here is the link:

https://negril.com/forum/showthread....1st-to-Sept-30
    Wow, I found your response a little snippy. I have already read the link you added. While I have a college degree it is in healthcare. It isn't in law so I found the wording confusing. All I see mentioned is water parks and excursions. Nothing is mentioned about crossing the street to a restaurant like I mentioned in my original post.
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

I'm here now , observe protocols and your good to go. Most places check your temp upon arrival. Most places sanitize your hands upon arrival. Masks pretty much common courtesy upon entering taxi or establishment. No problem. Make your own decisions if you want to come they desperately need the business, if not stay home but those that stay home quit preaching. Make your own decisions.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jambarney View Post
    I'm here now , observe protocols and your good to go. Most places check your temp upon arrival. Most places sanitize your hands upon arrival. Masks pretty much common courtesy upon entering taxi or establishment. No problem. Make your own decisions if you want to come they desperately need the business, if not stay home but those that stay home quit preaching. Make your own decisions.
    Agreed. Thanks for the common sense info. We'll be there in December!
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

As long as NYS doesn't force me into a 2 week quarantine when coming back from Jamaica, I'll be heading down in Nov.

User Info Menu

Enjoy your vacation Jam!! I so wish we were there! Have an ice cold Red Stripe for me!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gregandkelly63 View Post
    Wow, I found your response a little snippy. I have already read the link you added. While I have a college degree it is in healthcare. It isn't in law so I found the wording confusing. All I see mentioned is water parks and excursions. Nothing is mentioned about crossing the street to a restaurant like I mentioned in my original post.
    Sorry about that. meant no snippyness. The first part summed it up in English, then I included the formal wording for those who wanted it.

On the VisitJamaica travel authorization page, they have added new Attractions and Transportation listings. Places and operators are being added everyday as TPDCo gets around to inspect and certify the places and drivers. Your trip is quite a ways off, most places will be inspected and certified by then.