Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Any thoughts on Skylark Beach Resort?

User Info Menu

Any thoughts on Skylark Beach Resort?

We might be coming back in March. Any thoughts of this place? Or any thoughts on local owned small place to stay at.
    Last edited by Vince; 10-15-2021 at 12:45 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Any thoughts on Skylark Beach Resort?

Skylark is sweet, and their Miss Lily's Restaurant is great.

Miss Lily's has sister restaurants, two in Manhattan and one in Dubai...

The very first event at Skylark was one of our Boardie Bashes!

Chef Andre Fowles, a CHOPPED 3 time winner (Food Network) helped set up each of the restaurants. He is a real good friend of mine and Lisa's.

I think it has a little bit of a Miami South Beach feel, blended perfectly with the Seven Mile Beach.

Although Rockhouse owns it is a completely different experience.

Virtually all the small properties have had to make changes due to Covid, but you will still find the Negril feel at all the places Resilient Corridor approved.

Hope to see you and the family soon Vince!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

We’ve spent a lot of time at Miss Lily’s a fantastic restaurant and bar (love the jerk corn). We haven’t been inside a room there but the property is very well kept and the hotel has a mid-century modern feel. It appeared to be very popular last winter even with a pandemic. The beach wasn’t very deep in February. If you haven’t seen them check out the photos online of the tents set up for your beach seating. I would feel a little claustrophobic. I prefer to pick my own beach chair location.
    Name:  6589EC0F-AA49-47EB-A24F-85F58466B235.jpeg
Views: 1373
Size:  4.47 MBName:  6F66A960-FA0A-485A-AFCF-A6D0E427DC40.jpeg
Views: 1546
Size:  3.15 MB

User Info Menu

Ditto! Love Ms Lily’s.
    Cod fritters with curry dipping sauce and jerk chicken penne pasta with coconut cream and freshly grated parm for me, yummy! Portion is enough for take home and priced right. Enjoy the DJ and colorful interior. Casual setting.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Skylark is sweet, and their Miss Lily's Restaurant is great.

Miss Lily's has sister restaurants, two in Manhattan and one in Dubai...

The very first event at Skylark was one of our Boardie Bashes!

Chef Andre Fowles, a CHOPPED 3 time winner (Food Network) helped set up each of the restaurants. He is a real good friend of mine and Lisa's.

I think it has a little bit of a Miami South Beach feel, blended perfectly with the Seven Mile Beach.

Although Rockhouse owns it is a completely different experience.

Virtually all the small properties have had to make changes due to Covid, but you will still find the Negril feel at all the places Resilient Corridor approved.

Hope to see you and the family soon Vince!
    Been a LONG tyme since we have been back. Hopefully all works out during this Covid bs. We really miss Jamaica!! Tell Lisa hello from us. lol, remember at Canoe we as all there and that big German guy just started using your computer. We all where like WTH dude!! It was at a webcast. lol good times! Bless up Rob!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rumlover View Post
    We’ve spent a lot of time at Miss Lily’s a fantastic restaurant and bar (love the jerk corn). We haven’t been inside a room there but the property is very well kept and the hotel has a mid-century modern feel. It appeared to be very popular last winter even with a pandemic. The beach wasn’t very deep in February. If you haven’t seen them check out the photos online of the tents set up for your beach seating. I would feel a little claustrophobic. I prefer to pick my own beach chair location.
    Name:  6589EC0F-AA49-47EB-A24F-85F58466B235.jpeg
Views: 1373
Size:  4.47 MBName:  6F66A960-FA0A-485A-AFCF-A6D0E427DC40.jpeg
Views: 1546
Size:  3.15 MB
    Oh you're killing me with the corn! 21 Sleeps!

User Info Menu

We stayed at Skylark in 2019 and really liked it. The rooms are lovely. We had a large walk-in closet and the bathroom was also very nice. The property has a nice, chill feel and everyone we met was very nice. The spa was top notch. Miss Lily’s is a great spot but there are lots of other bars and restaurants close by. We are staying there again when we come down in November.

User Info Menu

Just wondering where on the beach Skylark is located?
    Don't waste your time with explanations, people only hear what they want to hear.

User Info Menu

Just a bit south of Couples Swept Away.

User Info Menu

Thanks Rum!
    Don't waste your time with explanations, people only hear what they want to hear.