Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mo Bay time kill

User Info Menu

Mo Bay time kill

Hey all,
    Through all of my years, I have never set foot down in Mo Bay other than the Port Pit visits.
    I will have a couple of hours to kill when I arrive later this week and I'm looking for suggestions where to hang.
    Eats, swims, drinks . . .anything goes : >. Any quality food spots on top of the hill over looking the water maybe?
    Appreciate it and big big ups to Bunny. Ugh.

User Info Menu

Re: Mo Bay time kill

my opinion is if just a few hours i would suggest the mo bay lounge.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bambinobu View Post
    Hey all,
    Through all of my years, I have never set foot down in Mo Bay other than the Port Pit visits.
    I will have a couple of hours to kill when I arrive later this week and I'm looking for suggestions where to hang.
    Eats, swims, drinks . . .anything goes : >. Any quality food spots on top of the hill over looking the water maybe?
    Appreciate it and big big ups to Bunny. Ugh.
    Try Doctor's Cave Beach. There is a lot to do around there, places to eat, a Harley Davidson Shop across the road and Margaritaville all on the strip...

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...h_Jamaica.html

User Info Menu

if your waiting for a plane the best spot is at the end of the runway....there is a public beach there,and a hotel bar to buy beer and you can watch the plane land!

User Info Menu

I thought I read that public beaches were closed.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNYC View Post
    I thought I read that public beaches were closed.
    The public beaches are closed until March 22nd.
    Doctors Cave beach is private & you'll still be able to visit the bar across from the public beach that JD mentioned.
    The brand new Harmony Beach Park will be available to the public after March 22nd which is located along the Hip Strip also.

User Info Menu

I second the spot at the end of the runway. Very nice restaurant their with a new owner and Icy cold beers. It used to be called "End of the Road Bar", End of the Runway Bar", or "The Buccaneer Inn", but now the bar is call "Sips & Bits". Nice little sandy beach with a few boats and jet skis for rent. Beach should be closed but a few locals will be there. Closed beach doesn't mean you can't sit on the breakwater wall and watch for the passenger jets. Download the "flight tracker 24" app and you can see where the planes are and where they come from. I bet a local a Red Stripe if I could guess the carrier name of the next arrival. Sure enough it was a Delta flight. I didn't collect the beer as I was cheating just a little bit with the app.
    Name:  End of The Runway.jpg
Views: 651
Size:  82.6 KB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brownsd54 View Post
    I second the spot at the end of the runway. Very nice restaurant their with a new owner and Icy cold beers. It used to be called "End of the Road Bar", End of the Runway Bar", or "The Buccaneer Inn", but now the bar is call "Sips & Bits". Nice little sandy beach with a few boats and jet skis for rent. Beach should be closed but a few locals will be there. Closed beach doesn't mean you can't sit on the breakwater wall and watch for the passenger jets. Download the "flight tracker 24" app and you can see where the planes are and where they come from. I bet a local a Red Stripe if I could guess the carrier name of the next arrival. Sure enough it was a Delta flight. I didn't collect the beer as I was cheating just a little bit with the app.
    Name:  End of The Runway.jpg
Views: 651
Size:  82.6 KB
    This looks like a great spot!!

User Info Menu

When we have an early flight home we stay our last night at Toby's Resort in Mobay. As above we normally visit the end of the runway bar/restaurant then sit on the breakwater to watch the planes coming and going. After we walk the other direction to Margaritaville.

User Info Menu

Well if you like the Pork Pit, maybe you should try Scotchies...