Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Negril Honeymoon

User Info Menu

Negril Honeymoon

We are looking at spending our honeymoon in Negril (July 2016). What are some good quiet places to stay?

User Info Menu

Re: Negril Honeymoon

All inclusive or non? That needs to be your first decision.

User Info Menu

We are exploring both all inclusive and non options. I've been to Negril a few times and stayed at Sunquest Cottages.

User Info Menu

Check out Idle Awhile, Rockhouse, Catcha Falling Star, Couples Swept Away and the Caves. That will keep you buys for awhile!

User Info Menu

We've been looking at Couples Swept Away.

Some of the all inclusive resorts seem to booked up for July.

Any thoughts on Country Country?

User Info Menu

We talked to folks last month that were staying there and they loved it. 18 or 19 years they been coming to Negril and staying same place. I have never heard anything bad, property looked great when we waked by. Rondel is nice as well

User Info Menu

Catcha Falling Star is amazing!!! Staff, food, views you couldn't ask for a better place!

User Info Menu

Wife and I did couples swept away in august of 2013 for our honeymon and loved it. That being said, we are going the non-AI route in a few weeks here. Part of me felt like I was missing out on the "real" jamaica doing the AI, however, our week at CSA was one of the most relaxing weeks of my life, especially after all the hectic events of a wedding preceding it. Food averaged 7-8 out of 10, drinks were decent (I drank all the red stripe i could while wife drank dirty bananas and other mixed drinks), room was very nice, beach was great, but the nightly entertainment sucked. 90% of the staff were excellent. Let me know if you have any other questions.

We are really looking forward to our trip to Nirvana soon.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 1969spunky View Post
    We've been looking at Couples Swept Away.

Some of the all inclusive resorts seem to booked up for July.

Any thoughts on Country Country?
    We just returned on Sunday from our 10th stay in the last 15 years at Country Country. We think its a great value at roughly $200/night taxes & breakfast included. My only beef with CC is they will not guaranty a room request as we do have a favorite room. Last week they put us in one of the new cottages which was very nice and the people there are wonderful but that's the norm at places in Negril.

User Info Menu

If you want AI I highly recommend Couples Swept Away for a honeymoon. I think they should have availability for July. I love the Atrium Suites there...no tv, quiet location and wonderful hammocks on large semi private decks.If you want non ai on the beach I'd look at Idle While or Idle Awhile Villas(if its in your budget) On the cliffs Tensing Pen is quiet and private... maybe take a look at the Spa Retreat.

Homebrewer~Do the new rooms at Country Country have screens in the windows? I know when we stayed there about 5 years ago there were no screens. No screen is a deal breaker for me now... especially in July with the zika virus.