Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Just returned, Negril looking good!

User Info Menu

Re: Just returned, Negril looking good!

The shanty town thing really turns me off, I just won't go anymore. We had fun when it first started, but it now seems like the original mission has been lost. Too bad.

User Info Menu

Where is "shanty town"?

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by captaind View Post
    Where is "shanty town"?

Cap
    I assume you are joking with me? I remember the last hornets nest over that question! I was careful to note that it was Lenberts description of the location and not my own.

One Love!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by *vi* View Post
    Thank you, RonMon, for sharing your observations. I agree, it’s an informative read. I must say, I admire your loyalty to Lenbert and the crawl even after a “not-so-irie experience”. The shanty town stop is what kept me off the bus. Children getting on the bus now??? How can it not continue to get worse?? For safety reasons, no one should be allowed on the bus except the original patrons.

I fear that even if he wanted to eliminate the stop, he can’t.
    Yeah, it's got to get back to the original spirit and order of things to survive in my opinion. I'm sure Lenbert is a bit trapped by the whole situation.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RonMon View Post
    I assume you are joking with me? I remember the last hornets nest over that question! I was careful to note that it was Lenberts description of the location and not my own.

One Love!
    Not joking. Just curious. No negativity intended.

I really don't know a lot about Negril now a days.

Cap
    Last edited by captaind; 07-12-2017 at 12:26 PM.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by captaind View Post
    Not joking. Just curious. No negativity intended.

Cap
    There was a big argument on here a while ago about the exact location of Shanytown, so I thought you were making a joke. ILets just off the side road up on the Cliffs, turned in by Sharkys and headed back that way.

User Info Menu

I totally agree, I love Lenbert and give him credit for a brilliant idea, but I will not go on the bus anymore, unless it is a chartered event with fellow boardies. As with a lot of things like this,
    it changes after time, and the whole kids begging, running after the bus has become a big turn off. And the comment about kids'' coming on the bus grabbing things out of the tourist hands'', well guess who
    has caused that. The tourists that bring that stuff in the first place. It promotes begging and perpetuates a cycle of poverty. Don't have the energy to explain why, some get it, some never will.
    Now I can't say that without pointing out that very dear friends of mine from this board do take trips to small towns, and ask permission to the parents to give gifts . I see this as different than the random giving out, from the bus, and other places. This frustration also includes the aggressiveness of the young, 12 and 13 year old boys on the beach, that get visibly angry if you don't buy their bracelets, they are doing this when they should be in school. This is a huge problem that should be addressed more thoroughly......

Okay, my rant is over, hey Vi, how are you, when is the next reach, were way overdue for a rum !!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jojo p View Post
    I totally agree, I love Lenbert and give him credit for a brilliant idea, but I will not go on the bus anymore, unless it is a chartered event with fellow boardies. As with a lot of things like this,
    it changes after time, and the whole kids begging, running after the bus has become a big turn off. And the comment about kids'' coming on the bus grabbing things out of the tourist hands'', well guess who
    has caused that. The tourists that bring that stuff in the first place. It promotes begging and perpetuates a cycle of poverty. Don't have the energy to explain why, some get it, some never will.
    Now I can't say that without pointing out that very dear friends of mine from this board do take trips to small towns, and ask permission to the parents to give gifts . I see this as different than the random giving out, from the bus, and other places. This frustration also includes the aggressiveness of the young, 12 and 13 year old boys on the beach, that get visibly angry if you don't buy their bracelets, they are doing this when they should be in school. This is a huge problem that should be addressed more thoroughly......

Okay, my rant is over, hey Vi, how are you, when is the next reach, were way overdue for a rum !!!
    Very well said! The one young girl get back on the bus after Shantytown and looked like she saw a ghost, almost in tears. She had brough a bunch of clothes and was swarmed to put it politely. I tried to bit my tongue, but finally told her that it would sure be a whole lot easier next trip if she just dropped some money off to ISSA or Travelers and called it a day. She was clearly shell shocked by the reaction her gifts caused and didn't expect the mob scene.

We will continue to support the Crawl and recommend those see for themselves, but we won't be attending again as it is now.

User Info Menu

Cap D. I believe it is the road parallel to Sea Star Lane. I used to call that area the DIVERS Village (Jame, thank you for the correction, sucks getting old))
    . Across from Seastar Inn was a path to Divers Village (see photo):

Name:  Delroy 2.jpg
Views: 715
Size:  101.6 KB
    Last edited by VVHT; 07-12-2017 at 09:26 PM.

User Info Menu

looks very inviting lol