Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Trip Report - October 30 - November 8, 2020 AKA "The Election Trip"

User Info Menu

Re: Trip Report - October 30 - November 8, 2020 AKA "The Election Trip"

Loved loved loved the report! I actually like doing trip reports since I can go back and relive the vacation when life gets me down. We never seem to see many on here anymore, and during these times it's so helpful. Thank you for taking the time!

User Info Menu

M&M, thanks for the great trip report!! Love hearing that travel wasn’t a problem and I’m anxious to see what that beach will look like in two weeks. Maybe we’ll have the Alfreds swim platform to use at Idle Awhile. We’ll look for you in February. I’m a bit bummed that Rob and Lisa’s bar crawl the other direction probably won’t be happening. Thanks again!!

User Info Menu

Great trip report! Made me long even more for our upcoming trip this December.

I was reading elsewhere that the police are cracking down on hotel guests walking off their resort? Is this true? As we stay at CSA but walk the beach daily, many times past Rondel or further. I would hate to lose this experience as we love that walk and have made many of our Jamaican friends that way.

Also, I know you went up to Red Dragon, was that an issue? As we want to visit there again and was hoping to goto Connies and also Patsys this trip, is that doable you think? Lastly, does one have to wear a mask on the beach or upon entry to any of these places in Negril?

Thanks for helping out with my questions

Clint
    Puerto Vallarta Jan 1999, Punta Cana 02, Ocho Rios 04, Cuba Breezes Jibacoa Jan 06, Mayan GORM Dec 06, Cozumel Grand Cozumel Jan 08, Mayan Akumal Beach Resort Jan 09, Negril Couples Negril Dec 09, Mayan ABR Oct 10/12/13/15, Negril CSA Dec 10/11/12/13/15/16/17/18/19/20/21/22

Administrator

User Info Menu

No police are arresting non-quarantined visitors in the Covid Resilient Corridor.

Masks are required upon entering businesses, but you don't need them while drinking or eating.

In public, please wear your mask around people, walking alone down the street or the beach you don't need a mask.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Great report,thanks for sharing!!

User Info Menu

Going to any bar/restaurant in the resilient corridor is no problem mon!!!

All the places we visited and we highlighted in our report are A-OK. No worries!!! Just take Covid Approved Transportation and mask-up when you enter any business. Like Rob said above.

Common sense rules the day.

The resilient corridor includes Red Ground and the road out to Sav. We would not have left the resilient corridor under any circumstances.

M&M

User Info Menu

Monty, Melo and Rob thanks for the answers to my questions. Puts to rest some fears and worries we had. Soon come this December trip!
    Puerto Vallarta Jan 1999, Punta Cana 02, Ocho Rios 04, Cuba Breezes Jibacoa Jan 06, Mayan GORM Dec 06, Cozumel Grand Cozumel Jan 08, Mayan Akumal Beach Resort Jan 09, Negril Couples Negril Dec 09, Mayan ABR Oct 10/12/13/15, Negril CSA Dec 10/11/12/13/15/16/17/18/19/20/21/22

User Info Menu

Thank you for the Great trip report. M & M have fun, safe travels, again thank you. Maybe ill see you in February, I hope so

Bless.

BikerMike, aka semi (and crew)

User Info Menu

If you grab a private cab on the beach to go to the cliffs, how does one know they are covid certified? Do they have documentation and if so, what is it? I would hate to be in a non certified and get pulled over by the police

User Info Menu

Fargoman,

Rob's advice is probably better than mine in this circumstance, but it is my understanding that all Red Plate, JUTA Certified cabs are covid certified, they had to go through some protocols when the county opened back up to tourism. Our driver showed us some paperwork that he had to abide by, like having hand sanitizer on board, wearing masks, etc.

We used him exclusively for the week (like always) so we didn't have experience with any other private cabs.

M&M