Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My arrival experience

User Info Menu

Re: My arrival experience

We were at Sunset at the Palms recently and planes were landing quite often right behind them (seemed like more than last time were there), not sure if it was TimAir planes but from the frequency it would seem to be more tourist related than scheduled flights.

User Info Menu

" telling tourists not to come down"
    Lisa, in Canada we are told repeatedly to "stay home", "stay home", "avoid all non essential travel " in order to slow the spread of Covid 19 and avoid a situation such has developed in the US.
    Makes sense to me.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by airswift View Post
    " telling tourists not to come down"
    Lisa, in Canada we are told repeatedly to "stay home", "stay home", "avoid all non essential travel " in order to slow the spread of Covid 19 and avoid a situation such has developed in the US.
    Makes sense to me.
    I was repeating what Jamaicans born and raised here told me as I arrived and on a regular basis...the ones that are reliant on tourism to feed and house themselves and their families.

While having to deal with Covid like the rest of the world...Jamaica is trying it's best to not starve it's people either.

I certainly have empathy for a country that's between a rock and a hard place.
    Last edited by Bnewb; 11-20-2020 at 08:07 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    They did not ask about a flu shot...and of course wouldn't, as it has nothing directly to do with Covid.
    They asked us if we had a flu shot...We have not...but it didn't seem to matter to them whether or not we had one. So, I am not sure why they asked.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Monty&Melo View Post
    They asked us if we had a flu shot...We have not...but it didn't seem to matter to them whether or not we had one. So, I am not sure why they asked.
    Bleepin' weird...I've asked a few others that went through recently...they weren't asked either! So, there ya go...🙄

User Info Menu

Bnewb, thank you for your arrival share. As 'always' you and Robs information remains important as ever. We've decided on a last minute trip on 12/5. I usually have a long time friend (30yrs) pick us up at the airport. From what I've been reading that might be a problem. I have no problem arranging other means of transportation. Wondering your thoughts.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by McLaren View Post
    Bnewb, thank you for your arrival share. As 'always' you and Robs information remains important as ever. We've decided on a last minute trip on 12/5. I usually have a long time friend (30yrs) pick us up at the airport. From what I've been reading that might be a problem. I have no problem arranging other means of transportation. Wondering your thoughts.
    McLaren...thank you for the kind comment.
    If your driver is a member of Juta or Maxi...then you have no issues.
    Juta and Maxi drivers are all certified. When you fill in the transportation information required for your travel authorization and when you're further questioned at the airport...you'll clarify your driver is part of Juta or Maxi...whichever they're associated. If they're not...choose another driver.
    Last edited by Bnewb; 11-20-2020 at 07:41 PM.

User Info Menu

Bnewb, once again thank you, that reaffirms my understanding. Mi friend might be glad 'not' to make the trip for a change. Lol.......Respect

User Info Menu

Red face Re: My arrival experience

Thanks for the information rockstar!