Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best part of the beach?

User Info Menu

Best part of the beach?

Hey all, we are two couples coming down in late February. We were originally looking for a suite, but looking tough for reservations so we may just get two rooms at the same place, hoping for a veranda or patio where we can hang out (when not on the beach or at the bar)
    We liked Rondell last time we were in Negril, but folks say the beach has washed away there a bit. Anyone have some suggestions on which part of the beach is looking good now (I know all of the beach looks good for us stuck in the frigid north) and a nice place to stay? Wide part of the beach, not too packed...

Thanks in advance! We can't wait to come back!

User Info Menu

Re: Best part of the beach?

Nirvana is pricey but i have to say thats my favorite part of the beach

User Info Menu

We are staying at the Negril Beach Club Condo's. They aren't fancy places but are nice and the prices are really good. They have the biggest beach on the south end of the 7 Mile.
    Some people were born in the wrong century....I was born in the wrong country!

[/url]

User Info Menu

we like coco lapalm or idle awhile, very nice central part of the beach.
    Last edited by pwj155; 01-08-2014 at 01:12 PM. Reason: spelling

User Info Menu

The beach everywhere has gotten much wider. Shouldn't be a problem anywhere you go.

But as far as best part of the beach goes, always have been partial to White Sands.

User Info Menu

That's great to hear that the beach has gotten wider - it was such a shame to see the erosion between the first time we went and a couple years after.

I've always like the beach a bit more up by White Sands as well - we are still playing with the idea of getting a villa down at BeachHouse Villas - it looks really nice - I don't remember liking the beach down there as much though, but I can't remember why. Maybe it's too close to town and is it a little more built up down there? Anyone that's been recently help me put my mind at ease (I overplan)

User Info Menu

BHV has the abandoned property beside it and I think a small beach, haven't been though. I still recommend Country Country, not as wide as the Nirvana, Coco, Charela area, but very nice beach for less than 20 cottages...nicer than White Sands, esp per capita. Not luxury but very nice homey, beachy cottages with TV, AC, fridge and large covered balconies/patios. Beautiful gardens, few people and great food.

User Info Menu

coco La Palm, Idle Awhile, charela, White Sands and Nirvana are the best area of beach imho.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
    We are staying at the Negril Beach Club Condo's. They aren't fancy places but are nice and the prices are really good. They have the biggest beach on the south end of the 7 Mile.
    And the restaurant beside them - Linga by the Sea - is awesome! Amazing table coverings! Those things are art!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by coolhandluke View Post
    That's great to hear that the beach has gotten wider - it was such a shame to see the erosion between the first time we went and a couple years after.

I've always like the beach a bit more up by White Sands as well - we are still playing with the idea of getting a villa down at BeachHouse Villas - it looks really nice - I don't remember liking the beach down there as much though, but I can't remember why. Maybe it's too close to town and is it a little more built up down there? Anyone that's been recently help me put my mind at ease (I overplan)
    Try a little further down da beach to the south end Sunset On The Beach. Nice beach just need to walk to the action a little.