Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Bar thread. - For Newbs and Longtimers Alike.

User Info Menu

Re: The Bar thread. - For Newbs and Longtimers Alike.

I'm partial to bars that offer a pool or beach or breeze or view or something, not usually into sitting in a hot bar by a road which means I skip a lot of probably great bars, at least during the daytime.

Travelers has a swim up pool bar as does Seastar, and Fun Holiday. I've visited all of these as a non-guest but with friends staying so am not sure about their walk-in-off-the-street policies (except Seastar, where it is fine).

I love 3 Dives though usually also eat there, not only drink. But I never ever walk by without stopping in.

Used to like to go to Tamboo and up to the top level and look at the beach passing by without the beach seeing me.

Alfred's dirty banana was the first drink I had the first time I stayed in Negril, still like to get one there occasionally.

MiYard...just about the only place for food and drinks at 4AM and the porch gets a nice breeze.

User Info Menu

and Bar-B-Barn has the best bar stools and the beach is right there - TV and internet too ---

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by calico696 View Post
    This thread is fantastic! Thanks for the information. We will be in Negril for the first time this month. Do we need Jamaican dollars for these bars, or do they accept US dollars?
    Most bars take US dollars but you will probably get JA back for change. I always use JA I think its a better deal.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mn negril fan View Post
    Most bars take US dollars but you will probably get JA back for change. I always use JA I think its a better deal.
    Thank you very much for your reply. We will convert some US money then.

User Info Menu

bump for the happy hour person

User Info Menu

Did I miss reading about Seaview Sports Bar aka Hooker Bar?

Mi Yard - Love to sit on the porch and watch the world go by..... Does Mi Yard still have crab races??

User Info Menu

PeeWee's and Whoopie's Park
    We're all in this together and none of us is getting out alive.

User Info Menu

Oh man, now you got me thinking about my Bloody Mary's at Xtabi....

Name:  P1000109.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  98.2 KB

User Info Menu

One of my favorite watering holes is NegrilSun. Bird the owner is very friendly and welcoming. ( cheap beer ) Name:  IMG_0402.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  92.3 KB

User Info Menu

The Bird Man!! I agree with Roy Mon, a great place to hang out for a few. Never knew the name was Negril Sun though, always called it Bird Man's.