Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your Help Is Needed

User Info Menu

Re: Your Help Is Needed

I purchased white socks, then realized they needed black socks, so I exchanged them today. Will be dropping off 70 pairs of kids black tube socks on 3/20 or 3/21. Also got the kitchen towels they were wanting.
    Last edited by jsteil; 03-11-2014 at 03:40 PM.

User Info Menu

When I make a donation to the Franciscans through their website, what should I write to make sure it's directed to Jamaica?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Yesihunt2 View Post
    When I make a donation to the Franciscans through their website, what should I write to make sure it's directed to Jamaica?
    let them know you want it to go to Negril, Jamaica Mary Gate of Heaven Roman Catholic Church..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jsteil View Post
    I purchased white socks, then realized they needed black socks, so I exchanged them today. Will be dropping off 70 pairs of kids black tube socks on 3/20 or 3/21. Also got the kitchen towels they were wanting.
    thank you so very much one thing we go through it a lot of socks..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jsteil View Post
    thank you so very much one thing we go through it a lot of socks..

User Info Menu

thank you all for your generous donations. Could you please add to the list Black Belts...
    Size 6 to 14 childrens
    Size 28-34 youth
    Thank you so much for helping it is so appreciated...

User Info Menu

guess i will ask in a separate thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Mindy View Post
    I would love to know as well if there is an Easter Event or activities for the children. Would love to help out and take our 8 month old as well. We will be bringing items down. Jump ropes seemed to be very popular last time. We find it to be quite fun to hand out to local kids when we see them.
    2009 trip http://www.negril.com/cgi-bin/discus.cgi?pg=prev&topic=196641&page=272185

2010 halloween---no TR

trip 2012
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/5589-Trip-report-sept-1-14-including-pelicanbar-catcha-legends-samsara-pubcrawl-etc

trip 2013
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/8323-gettin-my-groove-on-quot-TRIP-report-quot-boardie-bash-style-april21-may11-2013

.trip 2014
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/11962-Trip-report-Boardie-Bash-2014-best-trip-yet

User Info Menu

We will be there the end of April so will bring a few of the things menotined

User Info Menu

We will be bringing what we can fit into our suitcases. Our dentist always gives us kids' toothbrushes and we also have a 24 count box of Colgate toothpaste to bring along.

As has been written above, money is the best thing that one can bring and give. It may seem a bit impersonal; but the care givers know what the kids need most and will be able to purchase these things as they are needed.

Volunteering at St. Anthony's for breakfast is a great way to see and meet the kids that are being helped by GKTS.

When donating for Get Kids To School, if going through the Franciscans, make sure that you specify that you want your gift to go to Negril-GKTS Program/Father Jim Bok.
    Last edited by Weathermon & Mi Lady; 03-12-2014 at 03:54 PM.

User Info Menu

BIG thanks for all of these wonderful posts! Rasta Stan, a special thank you for your assistance in helping spread the word about St. Anthony's Kitchen and their needs

Blessings!
    St. Anthony's Kitchen