Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Travellers checks

User Info Menu

Re: Travellers checks

We got 107.90 yesterday from the ATM. Official rate was 109.10

That is twenty basis points (1/5 of 1pct) No fee at my end.

Linston calls and needs money for payroll or something. I fund the account from here and he gets the money instantly.

Worth .2 % ...you bet your ass....

Cap
    Last edited by captaind; 03-30-2014 at 05:26 PM.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

I paid $3 US when I pulled out 300 US dollars. I could have gotten J $, but just got US and changed it when I needed to. We stayed at Rooms so it was an easy walk to Time Square versus going to Scotia. Then on the way back, we would stop at the cambio. If I lost the card, I believe it was reimbursable, just like TCs. So there was some security in that. You do pay for the card when you first get it (like US $10) but then adding money is free after that.

[/url]

User Info Menu

Well it's the end of an era. AAA in MN/Mpls no longer offers travelers checks. I guess it's cash and ATMs from now on.
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

My hotel didn't take them last trip (Oct 2013) so I had to go to the bank, cash them, and then take the cash to the hotel. A real pain in the rear. My host told me I could write a check. Of course I've been staying there since 2000 so she knows she can trust me.

User Info Menu

Always exchanged them at the fx trader cambio in or now near the Hilo for 15 years no problem. The only constant is change.
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4