Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slightly & Mi Lady go to Kingston town !!!

User Info Menu

Slightly & Mi Lady go to Kingston town !!!

No real trip report from Mi...
    Just wanted to share with all ... our fantastic day ..to Kingston
    I asked (quite awhile ago ) about the De Music Buzz Kingston Flash Tour ..
    We decided after a quick check on travel adviser ..& the reviews ..made it a no brainier
    This Folks ,
    Is a MUST !!!
    We hooked up a couple of days prior to going & met Birgit & Junior ...
    very nice & professional ..their passion & love for the children of Trenchtown is apparent
    We met up with Junior @ 6 AM ..sharp & off we go ..there was another couple from the UK who were traveling with us ..
    Traveled through Bamboo Alley & made a quick stop there for coffee & a photo op. (Junior ..U owe us some biscuits !!)
    Snaked our way through parish after parish ..all the time listen to some sweet Reggae ..one more quick stop @ a rest stop & hit the toll highway to Kingston .. traveled up in the hills @ the top of Kingston to view the lifestyles of the rich & famous - (massive houses with 4 & 5 cars in the driveway).Next stop was the Bob Marley museum ( being a massive Marley fan ) it was an Excellent experience.. a quick lunch @ a food court in a local mall (time restraints )... totally understandable

We hit up the Trenchtown Children's Centre ... a WONDERFUL place .. that provides books & educational tools for the local children..(if U take this tour -pack some extra childrens books ).. A stop at the Trenchtown Cultural Yard & a tour of the Tuff Gong studios ..rounded out our visit ..Rolled back into Negril @ 9PM or so, @ $99.00 US + the cost of admission ..make this a great way to get off the beach & see an area of the island that most never visit ...Junior is a fantastic guide ..his laugh & smile are infectious .. Never been to Kingston ????.. this provided us with a small snapshot of the capital of Ja.Name:  Ja Scans 127.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  100.7 KBName:  Ja Scans 099.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  80.9 KBName:  Ja Scans 098.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  94.5 KB

User Info Menu

Re: Slightly & Mi Lady go to Kingston town !!!

Sounds like a wonderful day! You were stomping around the parts of Kingston that I spend time in...Sovereign Mall, I believe you went to Beverly Hills to see houses as it is closest relatively wealthy neighborhood to Marley Museum, etc.

I haven't been to Trenchtown but this sounds like a good way to do that. Thanks for the report!

User Info Menu

You're right on both counts ..
    One of the things that I was very pleased by is that ..
    Nobody approached us for any type of handout ..money, cigs ..nothing
    It was a pleasant surprise..Name:  Ja Scans 102.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  82.0 KBName:  Ja Scans 106.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  95.1 KB over a day on the beach ..where it can be abit overwhelming
    with regards to constant requests for handouts

User Info Menu

There are certainly beggars in Kingston, and windshield washers and the like, as in many large cities. But it's not directed at tourists as it is in Negril so you don't see nearly that level of tourist-directed begging/selling/whatever, and even if it happens, it's the same please as the Jamaican person walking down the street next to you will experience, mainly. I love that about Kingston. I love that many people assume I live and/or work there, when I walk around.

Fascinating city.

User Info Menu

yu have any more pics,PLS?

User Info Menu

What a great way to spend the day! Emancipation park is another must see. Need to add Tuff Gong to my list and yes, love the food court food, so unlike that states...tasty and of good quality for cheap!

thanks for sharing!

User Info Menu

This sounds so awesome! Glad you enjoyed it!
    Were not really big into all day trips but I think this is one we might try sometime.
    Thanks for posting about it!
    "Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."
    -- E. Gary Gygax

User Info Menu

Name:  Ja Scans 162.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  91.3 KBName:  Ja Scans 152.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  86.9 KBName:  Ja Scans 142.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  93.1 KB

User Info Menu

Thanks.

User Info Menu

outstanding... i enjoy visiting kingston...( i dont like driving there though...lol)
    " Ones destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things." (Henry Miller)