Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wood Carvings where can I get them at good price

User Info Menu

Re: Wood Carvings where can I get them at good price

Teas, etc. There are many interesting food/snack choices!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Big_frank View Post
    Real carvers don't have inexpensive carvings. If you shop around; you'll notice many sellers have the exact same goods that they might apply a colour to; or a few carving marks to 'finish' the product. Walking canes are a good example of this. Most of the shapes of the cheap ones are identical and they cost about 25 bucks, if that.
    Real carved canes are more like a hundred dollars depending on how elaborate. You can buy those silly little flat 'carved' fishes for a few dollars, but they're imported from somewhere and obviously factory cut.
    Buy spices, sauces, or overproof that you can't find in Montreal.
    If you want a guaranteed made in Negril product that won't cost a huge amount, go to Seastar Inn and purchase bottles of Francine's Jerk Sauce or Pepper Sauce. Best there is. She also makes wonderful hammocks; but they cost more.
    That sauce is so good on eggs....

We bring back coffee. It is a huge hit. The real blue mountain stuff is exorbitantly priced in the states.

User Info Menu

I like Mason's work the best, however you get what you pay for so Mason is commanding more than most. Up on the West End you also have Bobo's shop near Rockhouse. If he is not there he can often be found at Eddie's Debar.

User Info Menu

Thanks a lot guys we stopped into the market beside the round about, I thought it would be a 30 min stop to pick up 8 carvings it turned out to be a real treat lots of cool vendors with lots to choose from, I believe we found everything we needed from a variety of shops, but your right you need to look for the original carving not the mass produced, it a bit tricky but after visiting 6 or so and being able to hold back you can then return to the one that have those special carvings.
    As for the Jerk I'll be learning the recipe from a local and will cook for the friends BBQ rather back home soon.
    "How we do this moment is probably how we will be doing the next" RR