Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: An all-new TRAIL OF ASHES exclusive: The Mighty Californian's last hurrah in Negril

User Info Menu

Re: An all-new TRAIL OF ASHES exclusive: The Mighty Californian's last hurrah in Negr

you boys have fun now ya hear. sounds like trouble to me lol
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

Re: An all-new TRAIL OF ASHES exclusive: The Mighty Californian's last hurrah in Negr

After a leisurely swim, I switched rooms and got ready for the bar crawl, an especially epic one because so many boardies are in town, so there was so much buzz that two buses were used.

I went with Brent and Chickster and a few other yardies, as Lenbert came round to pick us up. We went to Red Dragon, and I met Groove 16, Roy Mon, Beebeluv, Twofortoday and a bunch of others. I bought everyone nearby a batch of pork to share – the notoriously spicy jerk pork that will make you want to wash it down with a cold stripe. The stripes are so cold that ice pieces form on the glasses. The pork is well cooked, even a bit dry, and very spicy. The more you eat, the more you want some more. A few onions are mixed in, and it’s good stuff – but it needed ketchup, just MHO.

User Info Menu

You're one cool guy GerryG- I saw you on the cast today enjoying yourself as was everyone else. Met Tizzy and Cali too (via chat) and wish I was there! I've been stalking your report now.. so post some pics! I will send you some ketchup in exchange.. pretty please???

User Info Menu

Loving your on-site report! Waiting for more updates
    “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” – Jawaharial Nehru

User Info Menu

Something told me to check negril.com today... so glad I did.... mmmmmm jerk pork, I can taste it now

Looking forward to your report, enjoy Gerry123 Ya mon

~ May you always have a shell in your pocket and sand between your toes ~

User Info Menu

Yes!!!! A GerryG TR. This is going to be a fun ride. Bring it on. Ya Mon!

User Info Menu

The pub crawl continued. We visited a private home, where the hostess served drinks after first dishing out appetizers with cayan pepper jelly that made you incredibly thirsty -- smart lady. Then it was off the On the Rocks, a seaside bar near the bottom of the hill. I was getting a bit tired by now, so I bowed out and hailed a cab.

I was hoping for a red plate, but a white plate pulled up and the guy said it was OK to take me all the way to Seastar Inn gates, so I said what the heck and got in, and it was all good.

User Info Menu

After a nice plate of spaghetti, I took a nap and woke up 9 p.m. Charlie is at Negril Palms, so I headed over there and found him already making friends with his neighbor – typical Tattoo Charlie – and together we all headed to Roots Bamboo, where a live band was playing. The group was an old-school reggae type band that alternated between Marley-type stuff and rock classic. The singer was young and compelling, and there was also a trumpet player, and overall the band was quite good. There were a lot of people there, perhaps 200, and not as many hustlers as you would think. Just a nice group mix of locals ans tourists.

Shayne, my old friend, had driven us, stopping first so Charlie could go the bank. Shayne rented out his extra cell to Charlie, so now we both have phones.

After a few rum punches that hit me particularly hard, I called it a night, and Shayne drove me back to Seastar. It was a fun evening.

User Info Menu

Fellow boardie Chickster is a great guy. He loves to laugh and have a good time, and together we went spearfishing on Thursday morning, a beautiful Negril day that saw the ocean clear and calm and looking just like a giant aquarium.

I had left my scoooter at Palms (good security w gate in front) the night before, so Shayne picked us up early and gave us a ride. Just as we got on the boat, Mo From Monroe was on the beach and we said our hellos. This was Chickster's first time spearfishing, and he came close but did not catch anything, but I put on show with a sterlng display of accuracy; every trip to Jamaica, I get a little better at it, and now it's to the point where I am obsessed with this sport that's so rare to most Americans that there is barely anything on the Net about it.

Instead of calling a cab for Chickster like we probably should have, I convinced him to hop on the back on the scooter. And that's when it happened. We were driving along up the hill, when suddenly a man in a car began screaming at me and trying to cut me off and stop me. I manuvered away a couple of times, and then he skidded to a stop in front of me, and I wasn't sure I was going to be able to stop in time or perhaps crash and go flying.

This was a desparate moment.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gerryg123 View Post
    Fellow boardie Chickster is a great guy. He loves to laugh and have a good time, and together we went spearfishing on Thursday morning, a beautiful Negril day that saw the ocean clear and calm and looking just like a giant aquarium.

I had left my scoooter at Palms (good security w gate in front) the night before, so Shayne picked us up early and gave us a ride. Just as we got on the boat, Mo From Monroe was on the beach and we said our hellos. This was Chickster's first time spearfishing, and he came close but did not catch anything, but I put on show with a sterlng display of accuracy; every trip to Jamaica, I get a little better at it, and now it's to the point where I am obsessed with this sport that's so rare to most Americans that there is barely anything on the Net about it.

Instead of calling a cab for Chickster like we probably should have, I convinced him to hop on the back on the scooter. And that's when it happened. We were driving along up the hill, when suddenly a man in a car began screaming at me and trying to cut me off and stop me. I manuvered away a couple of times, and then he skidded to a stop in front of me, and I wasn't sure I was going to be able to stop in time or perhaps crash and go flying.

This was a desparate moment.
    Oh lord. Gas did this to me once when I was riding Brasi's scooter. Freaked me out and luckily Brasi pulled up right after. Was it Gas?