Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: An all-new TRAIL OF ASHES exclusive: The Mighty Californian's last hurrah in Negril

User Info Menu

Re: An all-new TRAIL OF ASHES exclusive: The Mighty Californian's last hurrah in Negr

It was a beautiful day in Negril on Friday, April 25, the day of the 16th annual Boardie Bash. First, of course, I went spearfishing. There were some big fish. On the way home, I dropped the bag of fish off with Bobo, an old friend, in front of his shop across from Rockhouse.

For breakfast, I ordered some dumplings for the table, as we sat with Chickster and Rasta Stan at Seastar Inn. Just about everyone knows each other at this hotel, a haven for long-time returnees, and the vibe here is beyond cool. It just feels like home away from home.

I talked Tattoo Charlie into renting a scooter. We ate jerk chicken at Smokey Joe’s, and right next to the roadside stand is a shop that rents scooters. Smokey Joe said he knows me and vouched for me, so we got the scooter with no deposit and no credit card, just Charlie’s good word that he will return at some point and pay the bill.

User Info Menu

Re: An all-new TRAIL OF ASHES exclusive: The Mighty Californian's last hurrah in Negr

Cool gerry! Love the story about the girl walking away when she couldn't 'get' followed by receiving from people wanting to give.

User Info Menu

The boardie party was incredible. There was so many old friends and new ones that I made there. Firefly is a pretty nice place, too. Didn’t see any nudies. After, I headed to Bantons, my old friend up on the Cliffs, where Keith from Philly was hangin out and talkin’ politics, which he loves to do. I saw Jodie again, my ex Negril girlfriend whom I haven’t see the past few trips. It was good to see her again. She looked really beautiful.

I headed to Westender Inn, then back to Bantons, then back to Seastar Inn, as I ran into Westender server Sheldon along the way. He was riding his bicycle. He loves working at Westender, and he is a holdover, as there has been a lot of turnover on staff lately, not sure why.

User Info Menu

Sheldon is a great guy, have missed him the last several trips, not sure if he still works at Negril Escape as well?
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

Wha a goan G? Any donkey-pony sightings?

User Info Menu

Sheldon is a nice guy.
    In Loving Memory of William 'Bunny Rugs' Clarke, Lead Singer of Third World:

"There's a land not so far away/Where the sun keep shinning all through the day/And this land that we all love/God gave us the wood and the water/Blessed by the moon and stars above/Sweet, sweet Jamaica/Beautiful Jamaica/Everyday feels like a holiday/Sweet reggae music playing/From Negril to Morant Bay/Sweet, sweet Jamaica/Oh Jamaica/Irie, irie, irie Jamaica/Sweet Jamaica our land we love"

User Info Menu

We'd be reading if you'd be writing!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by justchuck View Post
    We'd be reading if you'd be writing!
    lol

User Info Menu

Gerry must be having too much fun. Or he is back home and depressed.

User Info Menu

I just saw him on the scooter coming back to Seastar with the green raft
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave