Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Credit Card Thieves strike again!

User Info Menu

Credit Card Thieves strike again!

I don't know why he did it, but my husband on his way home last week used his debit card to purchase duty free rum at the liquor store at Sangster and KFC in Sav... sure enough, Chase calls us this morning to alert us about 5 charges from some Luxembourg Communications - over $200.00. He only used it those two places (bad move to begin with) but either way, they nabbed him somehow.

Buyer beware! I know were sick of hearing about all this, but figured I'd post the two places where there may be some fraudulent stuff a happenin!

Hope everyone is having a great week!

User Info Menu

Re: Credit Card Thieves strike again!

For me, credit card YES, debit card NO. I only use my debit card at ATMs, home or away I never use it as a credit card.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ohliz View Post
    For me, credit card YES, debit card NO. I only use my debit card at ATMs, home or away I never use it as a credit card.
    Happened to me a couple of weeks ago at the airport but with a Credit card.

User Info Menu

Same here, however Scotia doubled charged me just yesterday when I made a withdrawal. Nothing is perfect.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by booger View Post
    Same here, however Scotia doubled charged me just yesterday when I made a withdrawal. Nothing is perfect.

Yikes! Did they make it right?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    Happened to me a couple of weeks ago at the airport but with a Credit card.
    The critical difference being that if it is a credit card, you simply do not pay that portion of the bill while they sort it out. With a debit card that money is gone from your bank account while they sort it out, or at least for a few days.

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Sorry!