Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: A "Shiny" new Trip Report!

User Info Menu

Re: A "Shiny" new Trip Report!

We are in total agreement on the PWC's and horses on the beach !!!! Also, really like your writing style....keep em coming big guy !!!

User Info Menu

Why didn't someone tell me that it's a bad idea to try and do a TR in the middle of the summer?

We spent our first cliff day on the beach so it was only fair to spend one of our beach days up in the cliffs right? We met up with jojo p one last time before she headed home and went on a private afternoon bar crawl. Trust me, we had more than a few good laughs that day.

We started off at White Sands, where Jojo was staying and got a short tour of her trashed room. (as I said, she is a real party animal haha!) We actually hung out at WS a lot more than usual this trip because of the fine folks we met there. I actually started calling it the R+R bar after a while because of a really cool couple that we also met there named Rick and Rhonda. It's a nice little place on a good spot on the beach with a different two-for-one drink "special" every day. We have never stayed there before but it looked like a nice enough place when we walked around the grounds.

The Pre-Crawl picture of Jojo molesting our driver.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 969
Size:  93.8 KB

Saw some hot chicks at the bar. It was like 95 degrees that day.
Views: 983
Size:  93.1 KB

We had heard about the Seastar shenanigans already quite a few times by that point so I figured we better go there first and see if the place was still standing. I also wanted to catch a bit of the Brewer game and figured that would be the only place that might have it on. Unfortunately nobody could figure out how to put the game on so, we had to make do with more drinking and meeting some more very cool people.

Like this guy! Finally got to meet the one and only Chickster. Another super nice Canadian eh.
Views: 870
Size:  89.8 KB

I'm sure this was an extremely important conversation about something or other.
Views: 955
Size:  92.5 KB

Once I was sure that the Seastar was OK, we hit the road again. Now, no cliff crawl would be complete without a stop at Spyda Bar and a visit with the incomparable Anita. Another one of Sparrows favorite places to stop. (for obvious reasons?) It never fails with him that no matter where we are on the island, he will always know the bars with the cutest bartenders or owners. This dude is a real stud muffin! I can't say that I mind either.

Definitely the coolest bottle opener I've seen down there. Had to get the Vikings girl in on this one.
Views: 946
Size:  92.0 KB
Views: 951
Size:  90.9 KB

We actually like the location of Spyda bar because it's right across from BCC and there is almost always someone interesting to visit with there, locals and tourists alike. After a few too many there (and a couple of other places that I probably forgot about) we decided to try and find a place with something to eat. I knew it might be a little late in the afternoon to hit the Red Dragon for some pork but, when I mentioned it to Sparrow he said we should try it anyway.

That was another one of those days that we were about an hour or so behind the other Boardie party goers and by the time we got there, the pork was mostly gone. Sparrow did manage to get about a half of an order that he let us nibble a little off of and it was quite delicious. The beer at the Dragon is hands down THEE coldest in Negril. In fact I'm pretty sure they just keep it right in a freezer because most of them were actually frozen. Some of them were actually stuck together they were so frozen.

Ice was forming inside and out on this bottle.
Views: 942
Size:  90.9 KB

An actual iceberg was formed inside of this road buddy.
Views: 940
Size:  79.6 KB

Just a couple of posers.
Views: 921
Size:  86.0 KB

Had to get one of the flag!
Views: 904
Size:  82.2 KB
    "Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."
    -- E. Gary Gygax

User Info Menu

Another philosophical conversation I'm sure.
Views: 904
Size:  90.4 KB

The Red Dragon is a really neat little place with a lot of cool old pictures of the area and of people that have visited over the years. We spent WAY too much time here and we were getting pretty "full" at this point. Most of us were really in need of something to eat so off we went to Sweet Spice for some chicken and some air conditioning. Now, I won't go into the whole story of what happened at this place but, the next time you see jojo p, ask her what the underside of the tables look like there. Haha!!!

Julie and I were pretty much done at that point. It was Jojo's last night however, and she was having nothing to do with slowing down for the evening. We told her we would meet up with her later but I'm pretty sure we had no intentions of actually doing so at that point. We felt kinda bad for "blowing her off" on her last night but I don't think she minded that much. She is not the kind of gal who has any trouble finding something fun to do. In fact, even though we missed her when she left, she stopped by and left us a little present to remember her by before she went home. Let's just say we were both laughing our butts off when we came up off the beach that day and saw her little gift she left for us on our porch. Hilarious girl!!!

Next up.....The Final Chapter
    Where's Midiri?
    "Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."
    -- E. Gary Gygax

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Jane View Post
    My goodness, someone getting upset about a seat on a bus? Party pooper, and bad karma all in one. So glad you found the fun and didn't like Debbie Downer ruin your parade. Carry on, loving this report
    Like I got flat foot CUSSED OUT this trip by two women who wanted to sit their chairs right in front of my couch when I politely asked them if they could please move over a bit into what was STILL shady area so we could continue to have our view of the ocean. For this I got called a ***** and it went on and on from there.

User Info Menu

only thing that's going to change this nonsense is someone else getting badly hurt or killed by one.

The quickest and easiest way to change it is NO ONE PAYS THEM TO RIDE THEM TAKE A PICTURE WITH THEM PET THEM OR EVEN acknowledge their presence. I have just a big a beef against Dolphin cove.

User Info Menu

Shiny, that second contract shot of the painters is at the Great House at Swept Away. Been there many times... and going again next April as 2nd half of a two week. By the way... Kaukauna here... must not be too far from ya! and GREAT pics!

User Info Menu

Well, after reading a lot of sad news on this recently, it was enjoyable to read about our fun day, and bring me back to Negril for a while. Love the pics, and seeing ol sparrow, I will have to bring him a gift next time, for putting up withme, and no, not the gift I left you all. lol. Im like a boy scout, always prepared...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    Shiny, that second contract shot of the painters is at the Great House at Swept Away. Been there many times... and going again next April as 2nd half of a two week. By the way... Kaukauna here... must not be too far from ya! and GREAT pics!
    Thank you neighbor! And welcome to the board! I always get confused as to where those huge AI's are located. We will be there at the end of April so maybe we should get together for a beer and talk about the Pack or something like that? Between the Queen and the Princess, us Knaves should get along "royally".

Quote Originally Posted by jojo p View Post
    Well, after reading a lot of sad news on this recently, it was enjoyable to read about our fun day, and bring me back to Negril for a while. Love the pics, and seeing ol sparrow, I will have to bring him a gift next time, for putting up withme, and no, not the gift I left you all. lol. Im like a boy scout, always prepared...
    Thanks Jo! We literally crack-up every time we talk about your little souvenir. If my memory serves me.....Sparrow was the one who ended up with it anyway. Haha!
    -- E. Gary Gygax

User Info Menu

BIG SHINY...

We'll be at Negril Palms from the 18th to the 24th, then spilling ourselves at Swept Away from the 25th to May 2. Cold Stripes and chatter sounds like a plan! We'll stay in touch...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BIG SHINY n Mango View Post

Me: Ok then, we will take a bottle of OJ, 4 shots of vodka, and 2 plastic cups of ice cubes please. I said thank you very much and slapped down a fat tip for the trouble. We got smiles from all around the bar as we mixed our own drinks and then, off we go with our mixed drinks that they apparently don't sell.

Have I mentioned how much I love Jamaica?!?
    ONLY in Jamaica Mon.......you just gotta love it.