Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: First time Negril Trip report

User Info Menu

Re: First time Negril Trip report

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs of the week View Post
    That would be Angie's son Sheldon.
    Yup, that's exactly right. Sheldon. pretty cool guy.

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=select;138534]My wife an supposedly the son of one of the guys in the reggae band Culture.

That's Kenyatta Hill, son of late Joseph Hill of Culture.
    The place you went to is called Fi Wi beach bar and Hiyah Grade Band plays there every Sunday. Kenyatta did a guest appearance that Sunday and is not a part of the regular setup. Sundays at Fi Wi are always nice vibes and come like a jam session, but that particular Sunday was wicked! You sure picked a nice Sunday😊

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by utenlov View Post
    That's Kenyatta Hill, son of late Joseph Hill of Culture.
    The place you went to is called Fi Wi beach bar and Hiyah Grade Band plays there every Sunday. Kenyatta did a guest appearance that Sunday and is not a part of the regular setup. Sundays at Fi Wi are always nice vibes and come like a jam session, but that particular Sunday was wicked! You sure picked a nice Sunday
    I did enjoy the vibes at Fi Wi quite a bit. A much as music is part of the culture in JA, it is kind of difficult to find live music during the day. Not to mention that we thought this was one of the better live shows we saw while we were there. That Sunday was a lot of fun! And we met some cool people, including Kenyatta. Shared a sub with him, and he was a cool guy.

Reverse! Rewind! haha.

User Info Menu

i am enjoying your report...waiting for mre!!!
    http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Select,

I have to chime in with others to give you props on such an awesome report. I had to keep reminding myself that this was your first visit to Negril because you and your wife moved about as if you were returning home. I’m a fan of going to Booby Cay. Taking a quick putter to that little piece of sand covered with trees and cats is a must for me although I could do without the cats. So appreciate you sharing your visit and looking forward to more.

the food at coconuts is really good, but I felt you weren't given enough for the price. I left still feeling a little hungry both times. I wanted to ask Sheldon to fix me a plate he would stack for himself...lol

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by *vi* View Post
    Select,

I have to chime in with others to give you props on such an awesome report. I had to keep reminding myself that this was your first visit to Negril because you and your wife moved about as if you were returning home. I’m a fan of going to Booby Cay. Taking a quick putter to that little piece of sand covered with trees and cats is a must for me although I could do without the cats. So appreciate you sharing your visit and looking forward to more.

the food at coconuts is really good, but I felt you weren't given enough for the price. I left still feeling a little hungry both times. I wanted to ask Sheldon to fix me a plate he would stack for himself...lol
    Thanks. My sister and her husband (_N5 on this forum) have been to Negril a couple dozen times, and were there with us the same time as we were. Knowing us, and how we like to party, they hooked us up with the right people, and told us the right places to go.

We're not big breakfast eaters, so the portion size at coconuts was good for us. Sure beats the $15 per plate at Kuyaba. And we enjoyed the more "local" feel to the place.

User Info Menu

Select, hope you come back and finish your report, I've been looking for updates!

User Info Menu

I know, I know. After starting strong, I really fizzled out with this report. On the plus side, only 8 months until we go again! My memory is a little fuzzy, now that it's been a couple of months, but I'll do my best to at least wrap this up.

After our adventure at Booby Cay, we decided to head back and take a nap, knowing full well that this was Thursday, the infamous Ladies Night at the Jungle, and we were not going to miss that.

We hooked up with Bernard and Veronica at Bourbon Beach, our usual meeting spot. Finally, after asking all week, we were finally able to talk Veronica into going out clubbing with us! :-)

I forget exactly where we had dinner at, but we headed to the Jungle shortly after 11pm. I wanted to make sure we got there early to get some decent seats, and sure enough, we were one of the first in there. We started out upstairs, as per Bernard's suggestion. Got a cool 4 person high top. It wasn't long at all before the DJ got started and the dance floor filled up. My wife was loving it. When they say 'Ladies Night', that's exactly what they mean. There were hot chicks everywhere.

We had a brief confrontation with a guy who wanted my wife's empty seat since she was on the dance floor. Bernard stepped in and argued with the guy for a bit, but we wanted to have a sub anyways, so we ave up the table to go outside for a bit.

I will say that there were plenty of working girls there, some of which were very attractive, and some of which were a little aggressive. They were surprised when they asked me if I wanted a date and I told them they had to ask my wife, and my wife would look them up and down speculatively, lol. We politely declined all of them, tho. We might be open minded, but we're not interested in paying for it.

We went back in, and found another spot upstairs. Bernard apparently saw a group of people he knew, and told me he'd be right back and would introduce us. Turns out it was a party from Hedo that included the owner of the resort. I think his name was Harry, and he gave us a poker chip as a business card. He said that if we present that chip at the front desk, we'd get 50% off of our stay there. Pretty cool older guy with a pretty hot wife. We were invited back to their suite for a more intimate party ;-). Again we declined, as they weren't exactly our types. We did mingle, dance and flirt with their party for an hour or so. We eventually decided to venture off to see the downstairs.

The dancefloor downstairs was much different that the upstairs. Instead of everyone dancing at once, small groups would jump in and basically put on a show for everyone. As the night progressed, the dancing took on more and more of an edge until each dance move was some sort of mock ****ing. Everyone was having an absolute blast, and it was a rpetty good show to watch.

The music stopped at about 4am. On our way out, after the show was when the working girls were most aggressive. Where previously they were more reserved when they saw me with my wife, now they were a little more brazen in asking us if we wanted company for the rest of the night. We were tempted once or twice, but again we declined (professionals really aren't our thing) and headed out the the street where the taxis were. We were surprised that at 4am, the street outside the jungle was actually packed with vendors. There were at least 20 different vendors, up at 4am, calling to patrons leaving the club.

Anyways, I think we got some curry goat or something, and called it a night.

Next Installment - Shopping at times Square and One Love Pub Crawl.

User Info Menu

Thank you so much for continuing Select! The only thing I like about the jungle are the jerk barrels and soup pots lined up outside. Not my kinda place anymore but glad you and your group have a good time there.

Can't wait to hear about the crawl.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by *vi* View Post
    Thank you so much for continuing Select! The only thing I like about the jungle are the jerk barrels and soup pots lined up outside. Not my kinda place anymore but glad you and your group have a good time there.

Can't wait to hear about the crawl.
    Still surprised by how many of them there were out at 4am. I think it's busier there at 4am than at anytime during the day. Love the jerk chicken, but only if it's been on the grill cooking slow for a very long time. Also loved the pork, but it was hard to find. The curry goat was rare, but delicious.

Proved to be a great snack at 4am tho.