Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1217181920212223 LastLast

Thread: around & about Port Antonio

User Info Menu

Thanks for the great report. Mrs sandman and myself are already excited for our return to Jamaica after skipping this year. We made a trip to Cuba for a wedding then I did a solo fishing trip to Puerto Rico while my wife is doing a school trip to Costa Rica at easter. But Jamaica is calling us back. We are planning on heading towards Port Antonio this time and perhaps skipping Negril. Will have plenty of questions.
    [url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by *vi* View Post
    We strolled down the hill, across the street and into a grocery store to buy a 500J digicel credit voucher. I know there’s a way I can share credit from my phone, but I didn’t want to get into that practice with anyone sooooo I came out of pocket for her.

She was very grateful and so were my ears….and eventually me belly.

Attachment 3666
    This sounds like something you would do. Loving as always you report.

User Info Menu

Love Love Loved your report!! Knew I wanted to see for myself but now- now?! Now, I wonder how long will be long enough? Thanks so much. Laughed out loud and truly 'fulljoyed' your account! Will be sure to keep my eyes peeled for more of what you've got to share.... Blessed Be. C

User Info Menu

Re: around & about Port Antonio

Quote Originally Posted by *vi* View Post
    This is where hundred of hungry mosquitoes had their fantastic lunch of my legs.

I could not believe that out of the 12 days in Jamaica this was the only time and place I got bit…no attacked would be a better description. It was like they landed on me, said grace then bit at the same time! It was crazy sudden pain.

The chef came with a repellent that worked with getting them off and keeping them away. However, my legs were flaming with pain and itching like mad.

I remembered what would take away the itch.

“Lime…lime…do you have any lime?”

He came running with a half lime. I saw the juice drip on my thigh before the fruit touched my legs so he’s using a juicy one…wonderful. The itching stopped almost instantly once the lime was rubbed on my legs. I gave thanks and praise for lime that afternoon and the hands that did the rubbing.

Chef said “Dem scent fresh blood.”

Huh??? All I know is that ‘ish hurt.
    Hi, Vi,
    Loving your reports. Could you be more specific about where you were when the mosquitos attacked (so I can avoid it)? They love me. I will remember the lime cure, never tried it before. Had good luck this last time in Jamaica with cortisone ointment.

Never been to Port Antonio, would love to get there sometime.

Many thanks!

User Info Menu

Sandman, please feel free to ask away.

Thank you doctoro

Luckychris, Thanks for the compliment and kind words. You sound like your soul, like mine, is attracted to that area of Jamaica few get to understand and appreciate. Hope you haven’t gone too far from the message board because I’ll be posting again soon.

Welcome qwerty! Glad you enjoyed the reports. I was at Cynthia’s restaurant. It’s situated to the left after descending the roadway down to Winnifred Beach. I was inside gobbling down some real good food while they were gobbling down on my legs. I imagine the mosquitoes are bad there because the place is closer to the bush than the ocean. I started keeping lime slices on me ever since my first mass biting attack in Negril. Sprays do keep them away. So if you go and decide to eat inside (they also have tables set up outside of the restaurant) you will be fine if you spray your legs. Should you get nipped, rub the lime over the bite…the itching will stop immediately and there will be no swelling.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SPARKLE1010 View Post
    *Vi* Your pictures make me want to book today!!! I would love to curl up, in one of those chairs in the lobby, with a good book and a cold drink Can't wait for you to start the blog!
    Me too! if only I could!

User Info Menu

WHAT A GREAT READ! Thanks for sharing and posting all the great shots.

Any chance you can restore your pictures in the other thread you started?

User Info Menu

Hi booger. I'm glad you enjoyed the report. as for the pictures in the other thread I don't have clue as to what happened!!! All my pictures are loaded on the same site so I don't know why those aren't showing now. I'll check it out and see what I can do

man...all that work...

User Info Menu

Everything looks fine on this end. I'm going to have to seek Rob's help with this

User Info Menu

A little late but just stumbled upon this? Port Antonio has been on my list for a while now, going to have to make the time. I made a few trips to Treasure Beach and need to get back there too.
    Trip #59 most of February