Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jet skis soon come

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Re: Jet skis soon come

bummer

User Info Menu

That a pity when we were there in April it was so quite it was great

User Info Menu

Really?? No plan has been given or facility to legal owners yet? Where are they going to operate from? The Watersports assn / which I am a member has not been notified, go figure. The plan was to operate as a group from Negril Beach park as a group. Keep the ban on !!

User Info Menu

yes, I agree with Gail ! if they are going to operate then there must be tighter reins & areas to safely operate. I did enjoy the peace & quiet while walking the beach, not to mention all the sea life that returned. Tough decision either way. My vote would be for Peace & Quiet....always be Irie Andy !

User Info Menu

I was saddened to read this, we really enjoyed the beach without them and it seems like there are still a lot of details that haven't been worked out (per Gail's post)

User Info Menu

Ugh, nooooooo!!!

User Info Menu

Yeah, that really sucks.

User Info Menu

[COLOR="#800080"]The devil is always in the details.. Like the IRS non-profit "Scandal" where "exclusively" was changed to "primarily". Deception of intent is often masked in language of the rules and regulations. Here is a part of the new rules.
    A launch site refers to an area on the foreshore (a channel between 20 and 40 metres wide) through which PWCs are permitted to leave and return. PWCs will be launched from such sites in accordance with specific guidelines and recommendations which include - the existence of a ramp or other suitable area for the safe launching of the PWC and erection of prescribed signage.

Launch sites will not be established in close proximity to high risk areas such as places where members of the public customarily swim. These include the Blue Lagoon (Portland), licensed beaches, public bathing beaches including in Negril, Montego Bay and Hellshire Beach, where PWC operations will be prohibited.
    A channel 20 to 40 meters wide CAN be opened on Negril Beach if it is NOT in "close proximity" where members of the public customarily swim. But it goes on the state "where PWC operations will be prohibited".

Now, members of the public don't "customarily swim" at the mouth of the Negril River so can it be opened there? Using phrases like "close proximity" and "customarily swim" are only added to confuse the matter.

I think there is a place for the PWC but just not on Negril's Beach.

Just my opinion.
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Accompong View Post
    ...A channel 20 to 40 meters wide CAN be opened on Negril Beach if it is NOT in "close proximity" where members of the public customarily swim. But it goes on the state "where PWC operations will be prohibited".

Now, members of the public don't "customarily swim" at the mouth of the Negril River so can it be opened there? Using phrases like "close proximity" and "customarily swim" are only added to confuse the matter.

I think there is a place for the PWC but just not on Negril's Beach.

Just my opinion.
    Acc,

The "Devil" in this case may be that the details that the Task Force has defined were not stated in exact distances in the article quoted. The journalist could have gone into the Task Force guidelines and found out how they defined "close proximity" and "customarily swim" but apparently chose not to do so, feeling their comments were adequate for the readers.

However, they seem to agree that the "public bathing beaches including in Negril, Montego Bay and Hellshire Beach, where PWC operations will be prohibited." That is a pretty firm detail they outline in their regulations.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!