Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: With a heavy heart...

User Info Menu

Re: With a heavy heart...

We are just casual visitors, and I completely understand what Lola is saying. I don't understand the backlash. I do understand the worry with visitors, though. This is our favourite area in town, and although we don't get mixed up with anything, should we worry about being in the wrong place at the wrong time? We will be back. I really hope justice is brought to Colin and the other men.

User Info Menu

Rob, is this a random act of senseless violence and thievery, or a bigger issue of gangs setting up their turf and attempting to extort money to those who do business within their turf? Or, just out of town thugs passing through, creating terror? Very interested in ur thoughts regarding what just took place. Thanks in advance.

Administrator

User Info Menu

negril#1fan,

I directly answered that question is another thread, where someone was trying to spread a rumor. Several of my replies are at the link below:

http://negril.com/forum/showthread.p...eafning!/page2

Since this thread is about Colin, lets keep remembering the good times and memories we all had with him. The other thread may be better suited for this topic.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

We would also like to know robs take on recent events. We stay up by Out of Town Pastry every year since 1985 for two weeks and have befriended Colin, we will miss him. Area not the same without his brother dennis at whoopis, can't imagine it without Colin too, very sad. We are wondering if we should cancel our annual November trip. Any insight from rob would be welcomed.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Please read my comment above. And see you in November!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Replacing the word 'if' with 'how' does this read better? "I don’t know how these things can be explained to a tourist unless they already know similar from other places or their own experiences."

I also enjoyed Colin's shop and provisions; it was the perfect destination/resting stop for a west end hike.

User Info Menu

Many of the Jamaicans I have known throughout the years, including the members of the Lynch Family I am familiar with, have the purest hearts I have ever known anywhere. I believe their kindness is what has made them so vulnerable. The elders in particular often question their actions by asking if that is what the Good Lord would want them to do. They very much live by the Bible and "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth" mentality.

I am constantly praying that my Family and Friends in Negril remain safe until the police can sort this out and met out whatever sort of punishment they see as appropriate.