Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Negril Ambulance

User Info Menu

Re: Negril Ambulance

Squaremouth.com

is a website that offers travel insurance plans from many different companies and many different levels of insurance. You can compare coverage and costs over a wide spectrum of alternatives. That is where I buy our trip insurance every time. I have never needed it, but, as my Mother used to say (over and over), "You never know".

Also, if something should happen, you might have to pay for the medical expenses in Jamaica and then get reimbursed from the insurance. I'm thinking that might be how it is if US/Canadian insurance is not accepted. Bring credit cards with lots of limit and save your paper work.

Because, "you never know".

User Info Menu

Great site to compare! Thank you Weathermon + Mi Lady!

User Info Menu

Weathermon-we have always used insuremytrip.com to compare. Have you used that one? Any difference?

User Info Menu

I called travel guard they advised me that we would have to pay up front for medical expense if needed than file a claim to get paid back.If you need to be medi vac to the states I don't bring that kind of cash with me to Jamaica
    Quote Originally Posted by eddlrg View Post
    Travel Gaurd every year we insure the entire vacation, hotel, airfare and evacuation to local hospital of choice in USA usually runs about 150 bucks for entire family of 5 covers about 50k in local coverage and mobay hospital will leave you lying on the ground until you show proof of coverage , and they don't take u.s insurance. They do however take this. peace of mind is worth a lot more than this! Have a great trip
    Rosalie
    Once u go u know

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rosalie View Post
    I called travel guard they advised me that we would have to pay up front for medical expense if needed than file a claim to get paid back.If you need to be medi vac to the states I don't bring that kind of cash with me to Jamaica
    You need to take a credit card with a high or no limit. I imagine medi vac people would take CC, if not you can get a cash advance from an ATM. You'd probably need to call before the charge/withdrawal for such a large amount to get one time approval.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MoFromMonroe View Post
    Weathermon-we have always used insuremytrip.com to compare. Have you used that one? Any difference?
    I just tried insuremytrip and the results page looks very similar to Squaremouth. I didn't compare any plans or prices, though. My guess is that coverage and prices are similar.