Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is the most exciting thing you have done Negril?

User Info Menu

Re: What is the most exciting thing you have done Negril?

BC Bud thanks so much for posting that video. I cannot tell you how cool it is for me to finally see that beach scene. I have to watch it over and over to see if recognize myself or friends in the video. It was like 30 years ago. Thanks again to you. BC and all the Boardie Familly for being such an incredible resource for info on for what is home away from home for so many of us . Sweet sweet Jamaica.

User Info Menu

Barb barn is correct Bud. Too cool my friend.

User Info Menu

Attending Jamaican Independence Day Party on Beach, Where we had Drinks and Food and Music. We dance with the locals and internationals.

User Info Menu

Very cool.... love that Jimmy Cliff vid!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marblehead View Post
    A bungee jump from a crane basket 120 feet up!

It wasn't my intent. I was dropping off an Air Jamaica magazine with an article in it for the lads running the jump. We had met them at dinner the night before and they all had Bungee Jamaica T's on. The owner (an American friend of my resort owners) and the jump master got into a bet that I wouldn't jump. Next thing I knew, I was 120 feet in the air and hearing "1-2-3 Bungee!" I was leaning out, but couldn't let go. The perspective made it look like I would jump onto the power lines. "Don't look down!" "I don't have a problem looking down. I have a problem letting go!"

I leaned back, took a few deep breathes and reminded myself that they had had 250,000 jumps without an accident. I just leaned out and did a swan dive. It's a big rubber band so you just sort of decelerate. Then you accelerate back up. "Ahhhhhh!!!! I'm gonna hit the basket!" Nope. Just bounce up and down a few times. Then like a phone cord, you start spinning. The ground crew shouted to put my arms out to my sides and I slowed down like a figure skater coming out of a triple jump.

My legs were like rubber as I strolled down the beach with my new "Bungee Jamaica" T-shirt on.

"You did the bungee?" a guy asked. "Yeah, mon!" I said as I continued the walk back to Cosmo's with a much steadier gait and my chest puffed out.
    I would do this in a heartbeat.

User Info Menu

Well i have a R rated and a g/R rated so on I go with that one. About 7 years ago when all the jumpers at Ricks were all aloud to stand and hang out on the three dives side I would spend the day hanging out there with super man and burger king and jumping and learning new jumps. One day when I had my fill of liquor courage ( which honestly is called stupid juice when it comes to Ricks) I begged all day to jump from the tree. Everybody call me a crazy woman mad woman etc.. but eventually when everyone else had smoked their fill and i had drank mine, superman say he will take me up but he know i will chicken out when I get up and look down. Well little did he know with 7 brothers this girl does not chicken out from anything. So he climbs right behind me up the pegs in the tree right behind me while I climb up and at the top is simply a 3 feet 2 by 4 board that you stand on. At about 25 feet above the tallest jump platform at ricks.Now he is telling me all about the wind direction and the kind of jumps that are safe from up here while down at Ricks i start hearing all this yelling and cussing and ricks workers all telling me no etc.. I say hell to the wind say my hail mary and down I go. Of all my jumps that is the one that sticks out most as what I was feeling when I broke water to come back up. I felt straight up sober as possible, closest to God I swear I seen him and he pushed me back from the doors telling me he wasnt ready for me, and absolutely invincible to the stresses of the world. To this day the divers and staff that been there many years still see me and recognize saying its the mad lady Shelly. No jumping today lol
    Next day and every day since I consider that the dumbest most selfish thing I have ever done as well. But exciting it was.

Children Are Our Tomorrow !

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hussyband View Post
    I would do this in a heartbeat.
    You'd have a lot more heartbeats along the way, too! It was such an adrenaline rush that I really couldn't savor it until that night as I sleeplessly reconstructed the whole thing. It was cheap, too - 3 jumps and the T for $60. I only did the one jump. My wife couldn't watch so she dashed for the water and dove in to hide her head. Better than the sand! An added benefit was that it was the best back adjustment I've ever had in my life. Try getting 3 back adjustments and a T out of your Chiropractor for $60!
    We're all in this together and none of us is getting out alive.

User Info Menu

Thank you all for participating in the by answer this question i find some if these replies very interesting a fun. Anyone else like to share there experience please feel free to do so, Jamaica is fun so express what you really did whilst here to enjoy your selves.

Luxurious Carib Tours Jamaica
    Negril, Jamaica
    Cell 1: +1876-798-8382
    Email: luxuriouscaribtours@gmail.com

User Info Menu

Seeing Ziggy at the Samsara stands out for me. Watching him do redemption songs was as close to seeing Bob as I will ever get!

[/url]

User Info Menu

Was that his show in March of 1990? If so I was there and he rocked it like nobody but his Dad, it truly was one of the most exciting times I ever had there
    Quote Originally Posted by Oncedeported View Post
    Seeing Ziggy at the Samsara stands out for me. Watching him do redemption songs was as close to seeing Bob as I will ever get!
    Rosalie
    Once u go u know