Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: September in Negril at RIU-nightlife

User Info Menu

Re: September in Negril at RIU-nightlife

No. I meant what I said. You're generally going to find a crowd there that's 50 plus. It's fun and I enjoy it. But that might not be what they are looking for.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Accompong View Post
    I think the word he was looking for was MATURE!

Not when I'm staying there.

And I concur with Flip's generalization about Seastar. A good time for me is to hang out Thursday night, and than head out with someone staying there and bar hop. Hit the Jungle for a bit after hanging with the geezer's, maybe finish it up with an Egg and Cheese Sandwich at Mi Yard or Jenny's.

I'm in my 30's and love Seastar, haven't met many that do not. I do prefer the shows I saw a couple of years ago that leaned more reggae. RIP Steven West. Seastar's rooms are great and the service is outstanding.

User Info Menu

Yes Seastar does seem to be a more elderly crowd but when we have been there they seem to party like rock stars so its worth a shot no matter what the age!(Then again,we are elderly!)

User Info Menu

We got off the AI train because it is too easy just to stay in one spot when you go. Nice places, no doubt... We did Couples for a decade before discovering the cliffs. Riu is really off the beaten path though. There is a ton of stuff to do in Negril, really for all age groups. On the subject of age... I am still in my 40's, and I've met folks in their early 70's there that could party me into the ground.

Kingston is really a long trip. There is enough to do in/around Negril that a trip of that nature might be something you use once you have seen Negril a few more times.

As far as night life in the resorts, we have done 7 different AI's, in and out of Jamaica. I don't think I've ever really seen anything approaching a real party. Shows, yes. But a club like atmosphere... Seems like people are too filled up on resort food and booze to do much past 9-10 pm

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by billndonna View Post
    Yes Seastar does seem to be a more elderly crowd but when we have been there they seem to party like rock stars so its worth a shot no matter what the age!(Then again,we are elderly!)
    Again, that is why I used the word "MATURE", you know like acting like an adult as opposed to a frat boy. Even frat boys grow up (some do) to be adults. It's definitely worth a "shot" even if your view of Jamaica is distorted by looking through a shot glass. In my opinion, if you want to just get drunk all the time then save your money and do it at home because a pilot is an expensive "designated driver".

That is why I would recommend getting the free shuttle to the Seastar show and enjoying yourself until it shuts down and then get dropped off at the Jungle and play it by ear from there. That way if you are not into that scene, you can get a taxi back to the AI and if that scene is what you want, then you can party until dawn.

Nothing personal meant to anyone just my view of things through bloodshot eyes!

Peace and Guidance

Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

I am going to stop going to Jamaica because I can just drink at home.

Thanks for the tip.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flipadelphia26 View Post
    I am going to stop going to Jamaica because I can just drink at home.

Thanks for the tip.
    Name:  Jamaica 08 2014 148.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  92.0 KB

Can't get these back home...

User Info Menu

Nice. Uncle effin....... Johnny,

User Info Menu

older and geezers and elderly, Oh My! I'm feeling a little seasoned....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by goldilocks View Post
    older and geezers and elderly, Oh My! I'm feeling a little seasoned....
    I prefer....perfected
    "Yeah, I'm cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesn't mean I'm not a nice person."

—Jeremy Roenick