Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 20 of 68 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast

Thread: trip report / july fourth, twenty-fourteen

User Info Menu

Re: trip report / july fourth, twenty-fourteen

Awe Vi, Luv the story of Andrew coming into the Salon to meet you and getting cold feet.... and admitting it... Your pictures are so inviting...My heart is a little heavy today, wishing and needing a reach badly.. soon come?

User Info Menu

LOL *vi* I'm surprised Andrew didn't come in the shop and take over your pedicure!

User Info Menu

When we were there in Dec/Jan that new craft shop area was pretty much empty, glad to see businesses open now.

In a somewhat unrelated event, we have been getting quite a few phone calls ftom TJ, the guy that ran the tiny cook shop not far from Tim Bamboo along the beach. I feel really bad for him, he told us he was forced to close because his place didnt meet the proper health regulations, something to do with no running water I think. He is really hard to understand when he talks, I only pick up half of what he tells me.
    Honestly, I wish I knew if he was sincerely in need, or is he just looking for a handout from us. We have actually been avoiding his phone calls the last couple weeks. I know my wife would like to send him some money but I have told her we can't make him think we are walking ATM machines. A few months ago we had a sign built for his shop and sent to him, which he received a long time after we sent it, along with a few other trinkiets. I am going to call him in the next few days, and explain to him he needs to slow down and talk slowly and try to figure out how desperate he really is.
    [url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JitterBug View Post
    the craft market finally opened . . . wonderful pics. thanks vi.
    Yes, JitterBug, open and the restaurants are doing quite well. I’m not sure about the other stores. Hard to tell because it was a weekday so not a lot of traffic. Oh yeah, there’s a nice looking bar in there. Man, I really meant to check that out.

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
    … I woke up with a heavy heart thinking about my mom. It's always the small things that count to me and I must admit that flower made my day.
    Butterfly, you are going to experience days/moments like that. Without warning, the sadness will swoop down on you, but it won’t last for long. You continue to cling to that precious memory of sharing Jamaica with your Mother. Those memories along with God’s strength will carry you through the difficult times. I’m glad you like the flower photo. Hopefully it lifted you from your grief for a moment or two. Like I said, Portland will be a tremendous help as you heal.

Quote Originally Posted by SPARKLE1010 View Post
    Awe Vi, Luv the story of Andrew coming into the Salon to meet you and getting cold feet.... and admitting it... Your pictures are so inviting...My heart is a little heavy today, wishing and needing a reach badly.. soon come?
    Sorry to hear you also being weighed down by a heavy heart. Sounds like you could use a flower too, honeybee. So much nicer it would be if you can have the real thing fresh from the Jamaica soil. Sparkle, darlin, pick a month and make it happen!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by goldilocks View Post
    LOL *vi* I'm surprised Andrew didn't come in the shop and take over your pedicure!
    Goldilocks!!!!! LOL and noooooooo way! See you ladies are going to force me to post his mug so you would understand why I declined dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by sandman66 View Post
    When we were there in Dec/Jan that new craft shop area was pretty much empty, glad to see businesses open now.

In a somewhat unrelated event, we have been getting quite a few phone calls ftom TJ, the guy that ran the tiny cook shop not far from Tim Bamboo along the beach. I feel really bad for him….
    Sandman, you and wife sound like very giving people. Big up to you both for even caring enough to understand him and “consider” helping him in any way. It is a hard call for sure. I know how strict Portland is with enforcing taxi drivers to adhere to the rules. Cook shops along that main strip must be regulated also. I agree with you, talk to him and ask questions in order to find out exactly what he’s facing then decide whether or not you are going to help him and to what extent.

User Info Menu

The Marina

User Info Menu

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Ah, men...Lol!

I definitely have to get out to Portland. It's too beautiful not to explore.

User Info Menu

dang even Rock Bottom is in the "new" craft market!

sorry I missed that.

Your photos leave me speechless!

User Info Menu

Kaycee, these pictures don’t do Portie justice!!! As you can see, I can’t put my camera down because I see a photo opp in every glance. Tell her Sammy.

Thanks girl! Yeah Sammy, RB has a nice set-up. Gave me the run down of how things are done there. You never get “called over to look” or pressured to buy. If a vendor gets aggressive with visitors they can be reported and kicked out. I hope everyone prospers and the market continues to expand because it’s in an ideal location.

User Info Menu

Settled down to do some writing and drinking and soaking up the exquisiteness of the view. No matter where you walk or sit in the marina, you get a view you can’t take your eyes off. I like the gazebos but you can never find one empty. I don’t mine people joining me, but I’m not comfortable crashing other peoples’ parties.

The red stripe hit the spot.

The walk that leads to, now closed, Norma’s Restaurant has been blocked by the new owners. I asked if there are plans for re-opening but no one knew. Shame because the intimate beach on that end is so pretty. I would see a few teens swimming there before dusk. Not anymore.