Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst 123456789101555 ... LastLast

Thread: trip report / july fourth, twenty-fourteen

User Info Menu

Re: trip report / july fourth, twenty-fourteen

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyy kaycee!!!! Glad to know you are tagging along. And to me, the best compliment I can receive for my report is for it to be compared to something as sweet and yummy as Talenti Gelato!! Thanks soooo much and PLEASE stick around…smile

I really appreciate your words Patricia. My “treat” is to receive comments like yours. Not going to lie, it does feel good to know people are enjoying the report. Anyway, I’m uploading videos and finding the process is more painful than I thought, but I won’t give up because many compliment the stories. Plus give folks something to look at when they get bored with my words.

User Info Menu

I was outside taking pictures when O’Neil shows up to ask if I wanted to do a few trips with him until it’s time to go to the festival. Sure. Well, I thought I did until I got in the car and realized that riding up and down the road isn’t as interesting as it used to be. Oh I love to ride, but looking at different scenery takes my mind off the conversations in the car which sometimes can be difficult to follow.

After two trips I was ready to get out and head to the festival.

“What time do you want me to come for you?”
    “Don’t worry about me, I’ll grab a taxi. “

The festival almost didn’t happen due to the Folly Point grounds being the temporary holding place for construction materials. Mountains of dirt along with industrial equipment share the resting place of the Folly ruins. Plenty dust is generated by the huge dump trucks driven by very muscular, full-bodied men wearing hard hats and tight shirts…oooooweeeeee.

So it was moved to the Boston field, its original location.

User Info Menu

Tropical Lagoon Boston Jerk Music Festival

A first for the festival was an area business being a main sponsor, Tropical Lagoon whose support was respectfully acknowledged at the event.

The festival kicked off at 11:00 with a closing time of 8:00. Yeah an early night. I got there just as the Spiritual segment was ending around 3:30. The weather was perfect. Sunshine and cool breeze made being outside comfortable. Not hot at all considering it is July.

Before settling in a spot just for me, I made a b-line to the cook tent and purchased an incredible jerk chicken meal. I was so glad they asked my preferred pieces, “Dark meat please.” Don’t remember the vendor but it was the best jerk chicken I had that visit.

User Info Menu

For obvious reasons, the turnout wasn’t as much as in past years, but still, the crowd was a nice one.

User Info Menu

The main backing band, Riddim 2000, is from Portland (cheers!) Band #2 was Fab Five. Both did an excellent job. Oh and the sound system was the best I’ve heard out of all three festivals I attended. Some of the performers: George Nooks, Gem Myers, Nesbeth, Admiral Tibet and Bushman.

Gem Myers

George Nooks

User Info Menu

Enjoying your report Vi. I think I may have confused you in an earlier post. The fellow I talked about at Boston beach wasnt a cook, he was a lifeguard/ surf instructor, perhaps employed by the great huts? He basically hung around the beach area, always had a smile on.
    [url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Oh yes, sorry I resonded wrong sandman. Thanks for clarifying your reference. glad you are still enjoying the report.

User Info Menu

His performance was excellent, however the video of it is not. so won't be posting that...

Hezron Clarke

Bushman

ADMIRAL TIBET...lawdemerceeeeeeeee as soon as that man hit the stage my eyes locked in on him and never let go!! The man’s body is a living woman’s dream. Now my preference is for a thick body man. Oh yes, I need plenty of “playground”. HOWEVER the glow of his skin, the contour of his muscles and that shirt slid over his chest had me reconsidering….hmmm my my my. I took four videos of Admiral Tibet and in all four I couldn’t keep the camera focused on either his face or entire body. I kept zooming in on that incredible mid-section. What’s also hard to ignore is the man’s age, he’s 54. No not old, but rare to see men his age so lusciously tight. I wanted to meet him. Take him out to dinner and hopefully breakfast..wink..

User Info Menu

Much respect and thanks to Tropical Lagoon, the performers, musicians, stage persons, organizers, sponsors, chefs, security, vendors and attendees who made the festival a success. I had a great time.

Sponsor

User Info Menu

The Jerk Festival looked like it was fun! Good videos too, I prefer reggae over dancehall any day.