Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 48 of 68 FirstFirst ... 38434445464748495051525358 ... LastLast

Thread: trip report / july fourth, twenty-fourteen

User Info Menu

Re: trip report / july fourth, twenty-fourteen

Vi,we will be posting some pictures from our trip but nothing as nice as you are doing.Just something to keep others thinking of all the beauty the island holds.

User Info Menu

just feels like you are going to give us more exciting reading . . . tantalizing . . .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by billndonna View Post
    Vi,we will be posting some pictures from our trip but nothing as nice as you are doing.Just something to keep others thinking of all the beauty the island holds.
    Trust me, billndonna, I will be on the look out for whatever pictures you share when you return. By then I’m going to need that fix to get me through til I return. You are at the 14 day mark and time is going to fly. I can feel your excitement and difficulty to concentrate on anything but landing pon the rock. I do wish for your visit to be simply marvelous from beginning to end.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JitterBug View Post
    just feels like you are going to give us more exciting reading . . . tantalizing . . .
    JitterBug, what’s left to the report was, IMO, amazing. Not sure how tantalizing I can deliver it all but I’ll do my best.

User Info Menu

HAHA, couldn't get him to agree to a free airport transport? Good stuff, Vi!

User Info Menu

No Schuttzie, but he did find it funny I asked. To be honest, he wasn't a driver I would ride with again even for free. Couldn't put my finger on why other than just not a good vibe.

User Info Menu

Didn’t give a lot of attention to my outfit. The dress material felt cool, didn’t cling to my hips and the straps stayed on my shoulders. Good enough for me.

The decision to walk the lane to the main road was a big regret. Way more bikes whizzing up at warp speed forcing me to hug the right edge going down. Why the right when that’s the side they come up on??? Because all the dogs live on the left and rush out barking when I walk that side. I hate that more than the speeding bikes. On top of the mad bikers and crazy dogs, it is getting dark. Once I got to the bend and can see the main road I vowed I would never do that again.

Safe arrival at the corner I decided to call Drivah A to come for me and not bother dealing with a different driver. Besides he might want to hang somewhere later. Found the phone, but while fumbling through the bag for my glasses I hear a beep. Look across the street at the stopped car. I wave the driver on, he leaves, I continue feeling for my glasses. Less than a minute later, another beep, this time from my right side.

“You need a ride up?”

It’s Drivah B. I don’t hesitate to stop the hunt for my glasses and get in the car.

“You didn’t know it was me stopped on the odda side?”
    “That was you?? It’s dark, sweetie. Plus I wasn’t about to cross this road at night.”
    “That’s why I turned around. Where are you going?”
    “Back to Just Natural.”

He drives off. Grateful to be off the side of the road, I begin to relax. I wanted to talk but couldn’t come up with anything to say. I’m a good listener, but my conversation initiation skills need work. I knew we were getting closer to the restaurant so I only had seconds to say the right thing. But what is the right thing???

In no time we are in front of Just Natural.

“Would you like to join me?? My treat.” I say with a nervous smile.

He declined (guess that wasn’t the right thing) but said he will wait for me again then drive me back.

User Info Menu

Ahhhh Miss Theresa. Her greeting to me was as full of warmth as the width of her smile.

“Come in beautiful lady! Come in honey! Come in my darlin!! Welcome back!”

“You still want grilled lobster?”
    “Yes. Couldn’t think of anything else all day.”

This place is just as dazzling at night as it is during the day.

User Info Menu

The delightful Miss Theresa

I ordered a strong drink…white rum, ice on the side. Miss Theresa leaves to get my order started and returns with my drink. Rum on ice with a lime wedge sitting proudly on the edge of the glass. That’s okay.

She asks for my camera and begins taking photos of me. I sip my rum and pose. I guess the ice had no effect on the strength of the rum because I got into the fun. But then, Miss Theresa has a way of making a person feel completely at ease in her place. She’s an excellent hostess with an endearing personality.

I love all the photos of me. I told her I rarely see myself in pictures and let her know they will not be deleted after I sober up.

Dinner is served. Everything was sooooooo good! At first I didn’t think it would be enough, but I was completely satisfied with the portions as well as the variety & flavor.

User Info Menu

Couldn’t finish the dessert. Can’t mix sweets with liquor but I tasted it and let Miss Theresa know how delicious it was.

I’m ready to really get into the night. Still early and the clear sky is perfect for partying or at least more beverages. (smile)