Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 14 of 68 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192464 ... LastLast

Thread: trip report / july fourth, twenty-fourteen

User Info Menu

Re: trip report / july fourth, twenty-fourteen

Motoring on...

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Glad to see you back writing!

I'm enjoying reading this! I'm missing JA for sure.

User Info Menu

LOL at the bull. On our last trip, in Treasure Beach we were walking down some little side path checking out the area we came around a curve and boom, giant frickin bull face to face with me. He most definitely had his horns too, they just kind of let them wander like the goats down there. We took a couple steps back, and walked the other side of the path but he wasn't interested in us at all, thankfully.

User Info Menu

Hi Kaycee…yeah, I’m back. Gotta get these wheels rolling proper and not drag it out for weeks…months…years…lol Thanks for letting me know you are still tagging along. Do you have a reach planned?

TAH…NO WAY! Face to face? I would have either wet myself, passed out or both. Pretty certain it would have been both because I can’t imagine being eye to eye with a bull…and he had horns. I’m just getting used to the roaming goats! Speaking of Treasure Beach, I would like to hear your and your wife’s impressions of that area if you don’t mind sharing.

User Info Menu

The condition of Chill Out bar in October of 2013 almost made me shed tears.

I didn’t expect it to look as bad as it did. Reflecting back on the first time I entered the place in 2011, it was a nice looking spot. A laid-back place where you can enjoy a drink an inexpensive meal or lounge on the beach. That spacious, white sand beach just on the other side of the bar put Chill Out on my “must do” list. But in October of 2013 it felt like I was saying good-bye to an old friend.

I didn’t even get out of the car and pass through to at least peek at the beach. Took a couple of pictures from my seat and stared in sadness. I guess I embraced this place tighter than I thought.

User Info Menu

But look at it now!!! (ooops in my excitement to see the inside, I neglected to get a picture of the outside front)

Excellent recovery by the new owners and I do wish them all the best.

Right from first sight I was happy to see the wall had been repainted, but how nice to see Tanya Stephens and Beres Hammond up there. The artist(s) did a great job.

User Info Menu

I am really enjoying reading you report, and looking at your pics, I will probably never venture out of Negril love it way to much, so loving this report to see other parts of the island. No pics of you ??? I love putting faces to names. And no, your
    toes don't count, lol

User Info Menu

I am definitley saving the information for under di rock. I see they have Sunday parties, sounds like a plan. The place looks like it's more in St. Thomas, how far from Fairly Hills. I also have to put Chill out bar on my "to do list" also.

User Info Menu

GREETINGS jojo p! So glad you are enjoying the report. I completely understand your attachment and devotion to Negril. I admire ALL who discover and embrace a parcel of that magical island. That’s the beauty of Jamaica, the territories are so diverse it easily accommodates just about any lover of the Caribbean. LOL at toes don’t count, but I’m afraid that’s all you will see of me. Although I’m almost as big as Jamaica, my parts aren’t nearly as beautiful as hers.

Butterfly, Under di or de Rock, which is in Zion Country, is about 30 minutes from Fairy Hill. But like I said, the ride is a nice one. Smooth road and lots to see along the way as you pass through different towns. I do hope you check out Chill Out bar and the bar a few yard further up the road from Chill Out. I don’t have the name, but will post pictures of it soon.

User Info Menu

This is the back of the bar leading to the beach.

The place was pretty full with folks watching the world cup finals or whatever on the big screen tv. Very nice touch. I notice a lot of places are installing large screen tv’s which definitely draw a crowd.

I wasn’t interested so with flip flops in hand I head away from the crowd to stroll the beach.